Chapter Eight

JENNIE

I woke up with a severe headache. One of the most painful headaches I ever had. I looked at myself and I was already wearing my night dress. I didn't even know how I got here. I rubbed my eyes and sat down. I looked over to my night stand and saw a medicine and water.

I also saw my clothes from last night on the couch. What really happened? A knock on the door caught my attention. "Lady Manoban, a soup for your hangover" hangover? I drank last night? "Come in" the maid came in with a tray on her hand. She took a small collapsible table, for whenever you want to have breakfast in bed. She placed the soup and it smelled so good. "Thank you" I said as I massaged my temples. She bowed down before heading out. I finished my soup and the headache was bearable. I took a cold shower and prepared to go to the office.

Speaking of office. I haven't seen Lisa. I am now driving my way to the Manoban Empire. I still cannot accept the fact that my dad had me transferred here.

I went straight to my office. As I was scanning the room. It felt a little empty and I couldn't understand why. All my stuff is here, but it doesn't seem to fill the whole space. And there I realized, this office is bigger than the one I had. I should really start filling this up. I hate working on an empty space.

"Lady Kim" I head my assistant. I waited for her to talk. "Miss Manoban wanted to know if you can have lunch with her in her office?" I looked up. She wanted to have lunch with me? I didn't say anything, Instead, i nodded.

Time has passed by, I am here on Lisa's office waiting for her to finish her meeting. I haven't really got the change to examine her office, so I took the opportunity and looked around. Her desk is in white marble. Her office is pleasingly aesthetic but too dark. I looked around and found a picture frame. A lady in her mid-40's and A man in early 50's and a little kid. I smiled looking at the kid. she was really cute, with her big smile. It hit me, I haven't seen her smile.

"You're here" She placed her stuff on her desk and sat. "Why did you call for me?" I asked as I sat back on the couch. "Things needed to be discussed for the company" I looked at her confused. "We don't see each other at home, it's either I go home late, or someone's drunk" She said without looking at me.

she arrived early last night? she saw me at my drunken state?

"Why did you return home drunk?" She asked me calmly, still not looking at me. I don't know what to say so I stayed silent.

"I will not repeat myself JENNIE KIM!" Her voice became louder, emphasising my name.

"So what if I'm drunk?" I talked back. She doesn't get to treat me like that. I am Jennie Kim for a reason.

"So what if you're drunk? hm" Her voice returned to calm state, but something's telling me that I am about to meet the angry Lisa. The calm before the storm.

"Yes! SO-WHAT-IF-I'M-DRUNK!?" I was looking at her when her eyes turned to me. I can see the anger. what's up with this lady?

I saw her took out her phone and texted someone. After that she left.

Just minutes after Lisa left, Rosé came in.

ROSÉ

I was training in the basement of the company. I heard Lisa had a meeting so I didn't bother going up. I was shooting bullets on the target when my phone notified. It was from Lisa so I attended it. I can pest Lisa all I want but I can't make her mad. She's deadly when she's mad, which in this case right now is she's very mad. I can feel it.

"ROSEANNE PARK, IN MY OFFICE NOW!! HANDLE THIS LADY!" Those were just the words on her text so I immediately went to her office only to find Jennie.

"Jennie?" I looked at her, she seem puzzled. "What are you doing here Rosé?" She asked. I sat on Lisa's chair. "I should be the one asking you that, what happened?" Looking at her, she seems to be not sure what to say. "I answered her question?" She shrugged her shoulders and left.

I went to the headquarters knowing Lisa would be there to vent out her anger.

As soon as I arrived at the headquarters, I went straight to the shooting range and there I saw Lisa and a very very dead, turned into bits and pieces, dead, target.

"Lisa!" I shout but she doesn't seem to hear me. When she was loading her gun I took it off from her hands. "Hey! What happened? why so angry?" She looked at me and rolled her eyes. She removed the ear muffs and went straight to her office. She was silent so I asked again.

"What happened?" She looked at me with full of anger, yeah, I mean what's new?

She took a deep breath trying to calm herself knowing she could shoot someone anytime so I slowly took off the gun placed under her desk.

"Jennie was stubborn and didn't answer my question" So Jennie was her problem.

"What question?" I asked.

"I just asked why she went home drunk last night" I didn't know why but a tiny smile was drawn on the side of my lips.

"So what if she was drunk?" I saw anger again. "Are you the one teaching her to talk back to me?" I was surprised. Jennie talked back? "She said the exact same thing!!" She groaned out of frustration. "And you're mad?" She hissed. She's mad. "She talked back" She defended. "Why didn't you shoot her? at least on her legs? to you know, let her know that she should fear you." She looked at me like it was a stupid question.

"Are you mad because she talked back or you're mad because she went home drunk last night?" My words caught her attention. She then emptied the glass of bourbon.

"Why are you even here?" She asked looking at me.

"I figured, you needed me more than Jennie needed me" I said.

LISA

I didn't know why, but Rosé was right, I should've shot her, just to let her know that she shouldn't be messing with me. But I couldn't. Seeing her drunk last night made me angry, questions flooded my brain.

Who was she with?

Who took her home?

If she was driving, that was not safe?

and where the hell was her bodyguards?

few questions. I had Rosé deal with her bodyguards, she can have a little mercy, I, on the other hand don't have.

I took one last sip of bourbon before I left and went home. It was already 9 in the evening so I was expecting the house to be asleep but I came home with Jennie Kim on the couch with the television on.

"Oh, uh, Li-Wife, you're here. Uhm, I prepared dinner" She turned of the television and went to the kitchen. But I didn't follow her. my anger hasn't subsided yet, I didn't want to give myself the chance to hurt her. I went straight to my room.

The next day.

I didn't get up early, I'm too lazy to go to the office and tired to go to the headquarters. I'll give myself a break. Since Jennie Kim stepped in the company, the task was equally distributed which gave me time to rest.

I head to the kitchen to have something to fill my stomach with. And to my surprise, full breakfast was served.

"I didn't asked for breakfast" i told the maids, I have clear instructions that they can only cook if I asked to, and now I don't remember asking them to prepare breakfast. "It was Lady Manoban who cook all of those Miss" she cooked twice? I looked at the food. I got really hungry so I ate.

———————————-