Chapter Twenty Five

The world is busy, it's the charity day of Manoban Empire, media are early on the venue, taking every single chance of getting a glimpse from the couple. the morning crowd was overwhelming the people in the orphanage, but Lisa's men are there to handle the situation, guards were all up, and only selected media company were allowed to enter and have an exclusive glimpse of the event. this is why everyone loves Lalisa Manoban, she does not do things to gain fame, instead, fame chases her.

Back in the mansion, Lisa was patiently waiting for Jennie in the living room. Whether she likes it or not, they have to be there together, for the sake of the public. Jennie left her room wearing a tube plaid dress with a slit on the side, top with a black coat, and a black heels. As she descend from the stairs, she was surprised to see Lisa sitting on the couch. She passed by the lady and was supposed to head directly to her car when Lisa called her.

"Jen!" She faced Lisa and waited for her next words.

"Oh yeah, public." Jennie spoke emotionlessly and went straight to Lisa's car without looking back.

the car ride was silent, and it was deafening.

"We'll go somewhere after the event" that's the only thing Lisa said before they entered the gate of the orphanage. Cameras flashing in, even inside the car, it's already blinding. everyone waited for the arrival of Jennie and Lisa.

Lisa parked the car and went out first. She opened the door and offered her hand to Jennie which the lady gladly accepted. The crowd went wild with the simplest gesture. the couple made few poses for the media before they went inside.

This orphanage has been with the Manoban's since Lisa's late great grand father, until now, they are still supporting the orphanage, through monetary ways. Once a year, the Manoban Empire holds an event that would benefit not only the children from this orphanage, but also to the 10 other orphanages chosen by Lisa.

The head of the orphanage welcome the couple with a great smile. "Miss Lalisa, Miss Jennie, welcome! It's really nice to have the two of you here, the kids would be thrilled to meet Miss Jennie" Jennie flashed a soft smile that caught the attention of her wife. "I'd be glad to meet them too" the ladies went on their way inside the orphanage house and it was indeed full of children with bright smiles. Jennie couldn't help but show a little childish side of her as she giggles seeing the smiles of the little kids. regardless of what happened between her and Lisa, she cannot hide the fact that her happiness today has covered the pain.

The set up inside the vicinity was like a school fair, a lot of booths, and game stations, and prizes that can be seen around. there were clowns and entertainers, to give smile to the children. Jennie saw a lot of different kinds of toys, and prizes, there were also food stalls, and mini dessert factory when children can see how chocolates were formed into specific characters. Everything was full of colors and laughters.

Lisa couldn't deny that seeing Jennie enjoy herself with the children brought comfort and ease to her heart. I would trade anything just to see you smile like this everyday.

After fun and games, there was a small event where prizes were given.

"Before we continue with all the games the Manoban Empire has prepared for us, let us first call on the couple who made this event possible. Let us give a round of applause to Miss Lisa and Miss Jennie Manoban" it was surprising for the couple to let them be on stage, but as usual, they went with the flow. Like a gentle woman, Lisa guided Jennie up the stairs and into the stage. Jennie gave the stage to Lisa while she stands beside her like a supportive wife.

"It's been 2 years since the last time I saw the kids. I really apologized for not attending last years event's, I hope I compensated it through todays event?" everyone gave a hand to Lisa and some shouted yes, telling her that this years charity was indeed extravagant.