Chapter Twenty Three

JENNIE

it's been a week, and Lisa, she changed. she was back to the Lisa I used to know. The cold, emotionless Lisa. Just right now, I saw her from the balcony, as she left the house with her white prosche.

"How long are you gonna treat me this way wife?" i sighed, as I went back to changing my clothes, I have to go to the office. Since that day, we never travel on the same car, she always leave the house first, she no longer eat with me, and whenever I am at the office, she leaves, if I'm not there, she's there. we haven't been on the same room since that day.

I drove my car and stopped by the coffee shop before heading to the meeting. "Good morning Miss Jennie, the usual?" I smiled a little, on how they asked for my order. "The usual please" i paid for the coffee and it was just less than 5 minutes, I received my drink. I left a tip and went on my way.

I have a meeting with a potential investor for my company. I should not be late. I saw Jackson's car following me, I'm getting used to it and just ignore them.

I arrived at the restaurant and to my surprise the investor hasn't arrived yet. The waiter lead me to the reserved table and handed me the menu.

The meeting I had went great, I was so happy we were able to agree in all terms. We did the contract signing too on the spot. I happily went to the office. I walked through the hallways when I saw her. Lisa. The moment she saw me, she turned her gaze and walked away.

I sighed. How long?

My day didn't really went that well, aside from my meeting this morning. I came home and saw Kuma waiting for me at the door. I picked him up and went straight to my room. I didn't want to eat, I'll just go to bed early.

I placed Kuma on his bed and I took a shower to relax my muscles. 

Lying on my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about her. tears started to fall, as regrets starts to cloud my thoughts. 

what if I didn't tell her?

what if I didn't agree to all of this?

what if I didn't meet her?

Third Person POV

the night was peaceful, yet Jennie's mind was full of chaos and pain. Little did she knew, Lisa hears all her sobs on the other side of the door. 

Lisa felt the pain too, she loves Jennie too, and it's hard for her too, but she has to do this because she loves Jennie and she couldn't bear the fact of her getting hurt. If her enemies would discover that Jennie's someone she values, her life is at steak. which is why she never showed affection to anyone in public, not until she met Jennie. 

Lisa walked to her study and focused herself on the revenge she's been working on. Rosé entered the room bringing a bottle of tequila. "Here, I know you need this" She placed the bottle on the table.

"Thank you" Lisa opened and poured an amount on her glass. Silence once again fold in, Rosé was going through her social media accounts when she came across a post.

Jennie Kim-Manoban of Manoban Empire and the Kim Group of Companies and Mr. Marcus Fraulin of Alpha Corporation was spotted in one of the most prestigious restaurants in town. 

"Lisa!" Rosé wasn't able to contain her voice and let out a scream. she ran towards Lisa and showed her the phone. Once Lisa saw and recognized the man, anger and fear both take over her body. 

"What is his business with her?" Rosé asked. Lisa immediately dialed Adriana's number. A few rings and the lady answered. 

"Miss Manoban, good evening, what can I do for you?" It was evident from the lady's voice that she was already sleeping

"did you know about Jennie and Mr. Fraulin's meet?" Lisa's voice was calm but full of anger.

"No Miss, I think it was her other assistant who knew about it, since it was between Mr. Fraulin and miss Jennie's company" The information placed a little comfort on Lisa but she still couldn't help but question why Fraulin came to her wife and not to her.

Lisa dropped the phone. 

"Media will ask questions. you eventually have to talk to her" Rosé was right and Lisa agrees but she's not sure if now is the time to deal with this. Jennie's too fragile.

"I can hear her sob" Those were the only words that escape Lisa's mouth.

"You can't avoid her forever, eventually, you have to deal with it, and tell her the truth. Fraulins are making their move, Lis, it's either you make Jennie on board, or leave her" Lisa closed her eyes.

"Lisa, don't take too much time, it's Jennie's life, it's your wife's life." The glass broke when Lisa squeezed it too much out of anger.

"DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT? DON'T YOU THINK I AM AWARE OF WHAT'S HAPPENING? Don't dictate me Park, I know what I am doing, and you have no right to tell me what I should do, remember, I am your superior" anger was evident on Lisa's eyes. 

"I don't care who you are right now Lisa, and I don't think you know what you're doing. get your shit together and show me that you are my superior, because right now, you are a mess" Rosé slammed the door and walked out of the mansion. 

The next day, Lisa woke up a little late, she was not in the mood to attend to the company, she instead went to the headquarter, she saw Jackson on the training room and called him. The two went to the gun room where no one was there. 

"I am trying not to punch you in the face, now care to explain why you didn't tell me that Jennie met with Fraulin?" Jackson's face was surprised.

"I was about to ask you the same thing Miss. I assumed Jennie was on board with us, I thought she knew" A punch landed on the mans face. Lisa is a woman but she punches like a man. 

"Stupid assumptions, don't fuck with me Jackson, even if I get Jennie on board, do you really think I'll risk her life for my own gain? Get your face out of here, and if I see you, a bullet will be planted somewhere you will not like" with those words, Jackson left the gun room. 

Lisa went to her office and saw Rosé there. "Hey, I'm sorry, I know I crossed a line" Rosé apologized but Lisa ignored. Lisa walked passed by the blonde girl and sat on her chair. 

"Come on, talk to me" Rosé sat on the chair in front of Lisa's desk. Lisa stared at her, yet Rosé couldn't figure out what she was thinking. 

"You're right, Jennie Kim's existence has turned me into a mess. I already got what I want, I don't need her." Rosé was surprised with Lisa's decision. She never thought Lisa would consider leaving Jennie. 

Lisa grabbed her phone and dialed a number. "I'm filing a divorce between the Manoban-Kim marriage. keep this a secret or die" She dropped the call without giving the lawyer the chance to speak. 

"If you have nothing to say, leave"