Chapter Twenty

The terror that haunts us to the end of the line is the terror that reality brings.

Inside the empty space of their headquarter Lisa is staring at nowhere as she tries to observe the trainees yet she failed. She can hear every gun shot and every wince from the men and women inside.

Flashback

A nice chat time inside the headquarters filled the gun room with laughter and amusement as men exchange congratulations on the success of eliminating the target. Little did they know a lion is about to ruin that mini celebration.

"You stupid bastards" everyone fell into silence as they heard the loud slam of the metal doors.

"Stupid idiotic bastards" gunshots were thrown at the thighs and arms of the men inside. Laughter of success was now screams of pain.

"Miss Lisa" Jackson went inside and to his surprise he also received his part of the mission's disappointments.

"Did you bastards knew that Jennie witnessed the shooting?" She placed another bullet on the gun man's thigh.

"Did you see how traumatised she was? If you do this once again, the next bullet will be on your head" Lisa exited the rooms with everyone whining in pain.

Lisa went home to check on Jennie. Since last night, Jennie hasn't stopped crying.

Jennie was traumatized as she saw the lifeless body lying on the floor with a bullet to the head. She could stop shaking it felt like it was in front of her.

Lying on the bed her tears won't stop from falling. It felt like she was relieving the moment again and again and she couldn't put herself to sleep because every time she closes her eyes she sees the dead body.

End of Flashback

Lisa got back to her senses when her phone rang. She immediately answered when she saw the caller ID

"Wife?" She asked. Jennie was able to attend to the company after a few days.

"Can you meet me for lunch?" Jennie was hesitant but she'll be at ease if Lisa's there.

"Okay, I'll pick you up. Wait for me" Lisa grabbed her keys and tucker her gun on her holster and went to the basement.

"Okay, see you" Jennie dropped the call and waited for Lisa.

It took less than 15 minutes for Lisa to get to Jennie, and found her wife in the lobby waiting for her patiently.

"Let's go?" She offered her hand and Jennie gladly accepted it.

the two ladies marched out of the company and into the car.

"Where do you want to go?" Lisa asked as she buckled her seat belt.

"Somewhere far please" Jennie has been acting differently since the shooting, and it's something Lisa's couldn't bear to see.

The two ladies reached to a high place, it was enough to see part of the city and Jennie admired the serenity and peace that the place has given her. She sat on a rock, and Lisa sat beside her. "Am I a coward for being traumatized with one gun shot?" She asked Lisa with disbelief, how shallow her reason for reacting that way.

"No, everyone has different levels and approach on fear" Lisa said as she looks at Jennie.

"I couldn't get that scene off my mind." This is one of the things Lisa was afraid of. Unfortunately she doesn't know how to help Jennie.