Chapter Eleven

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...

- Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)

A week has passed. Both Jennie and Lisa were exhausted with the wedding planning. They are not even halfway yet. It's Monday and the two were supposed to go and visit the location of the wedding and another for the reception. Lisa was patiently waiting for Jennie in the living room, yet 30 minutes has passed and the lady was nowhere to be found.

Lisa decided to go to her room. She knocked on the door but no one answered "Jennie!" She knocked again and again yet no one answered, so she decided to open the door. There she saw Jennie in bed. "We have 9:30 meeting with Ava, get up lazy ass" she took off the blanket that Jennie was covered with, and expected a nagging lady but she didn't, instead Jennie curled up and hugged the pillow next to her.

"Cold" it was all the cat-eye lady said. As Lisa went closer to her, it was more evident that the lady was shivering, yet beads of sweat were forming on her forehead. She laid her hands on the lady's forehead when she felt an insanely hot temperature. "You are so hot" Jennie couldn't say anything but shiver. She tried to grab the blanket but she failed. Instead, Lisa took the blanket and wrapped it around the shivering lady. "Cold" Jennie uttered once again. Lisa turned of the air-condition and prepared medicine for Jennie.

Jennie was obedient and took the medicine. "I'll have them prepare breakfast" Lisa left for awhile leaving Jennie in her room.

All Jennie felt was coldness and extreme body pain. She didn't know what to do, as much as she wants to attend the meeting today, her body said otherwise. She heard the door opened once again and Lisa was there holding a big bowl on her right hand and a towel on her left.

"Come on Jennie, don't be stubborn" Lisa tried to pull Jennie but the latter kept pulling back. "Cold compress for your fever" Jennie groaned, she felt like if she moves, her body's gonna shatter. "Please, don't be hard headed" Lisa won the battle and she started placing the damp towel on Jennie's forehead. She flinched on the coldness but was able to adjust.

"Miss Manoban, the food is here" A maid said on the other side of the door. "Come in and place it on the table" Lisa finished the cold compress on Jennie. When the maid left, she grabbed the food but Jennie went back to lying down. "Jennie Kim, get up!" She commanded but Jennie didn't move. "ugh why are you so stubborn when you're sick?" Lisa scoop her up and made her into a sitting position. Jennie was about to lie down again but Lisa threaten her. "Lie down or I'll pour this hot soup all over you" Which froze Jennie's body. Lisa set up the mini table and started feeding Jennie.

LISA

Sick Jennie is a stubborn Jennie. As soon as Jennie finished her food, I gave her medicine for her fever to go down. "You can go back to sleep now" I wrapped the blanket on her body to keep her warm, I set the air-condition on the lowest temperature, just for the air to circulate inside the room. I was about to leave when she spoke.

"Stay, don't leave, please" I looked at her and she was staring at me. Her gaze brought my feet back to her. I lay beside her. "I won't"

"Mommy? mommy, I'm sick, I don't feel good" I said as I cover myself with the blanket as cold air tries to touch my skin.

"oh honey, you have a fever, I'll go get some food and medicine okay?" I nodded as I watch my mom stepped outside my room. It was so cold, it felt like as if I was laying on ice. It took awhile for my mom to come back, so I started to worry, I didn't really like being alone when I'm sick.

"mommy's here honey" my heart felt happy when I heard her voice. "Mommy" I called to her even if my voice was so weak. She help me sit up, and gave me food. She's feeding me with hot soup. It was so satisfying. "thank you mommy" I gave her my big smile, and she smiled back.

"Drink this" she gave me the medicine after I finished the food. I took it and went back to bed. "rest here okay?" I nodded to her request.

"mommy don't leave me"

"I won't sweetheart, Mommy won't leave"

"promise? you'll take good care of me whenever I'm sick?"

"I promise"

"even when I'm old?"

"even if you're married and have kids, I'll still take care of you when you get sick"

"thank you mommy, I love you"

"I love you too my dear Lalisa."

I went back to reality when I felt Jennie's embrace. "Don't leave me wife" She murmurs. she was closing her eyes, and her hair was everywhere.

I tuck her hair on her ears and I saw her beauty. Her long lashes, her pointy nose, and her plump lips. my hand unconsciously ran down her chubby cheeks. She has the softest skin.

I saw a smile drawn her face which made my heart jumped. "Thank you" She said before snuggling more.

Scared, frieghtened, petrified, horrified, agitated, and everything else to describe the feeling of being afraid, is upon me at this very moment.

The emotion that once left my system has come back to haunt me. Fear was my friend, my best friend, fear accompanied me through my grieving years, but I locked fear away, the moment I realized I have nothing to lose, Fear vanished.

Not until now.

Fear came back, and I am completely clueless of how to deal with it.

But what am I even afraid of?

I pondered, and my thoughts came flying around the corners of the room until I heard a little snore from the lady whose head is on my arm. Jennie.

I am not afraid of Jennie. I have no fear upon anyone. Yet I feel fear.

What am I afraid of?

Death.

Not for me, but for her. I am afraid that one day I would meet grief and loss again. I am afraid that one day, as I lay down on my bed, and when I turn my head, she's gone.

That's what I'm afraid of.

I am afraid to lose her.

What a sick masochistic lion...
- Twilight