Chapter Twenty Six

It's been a month and Lisa hasn't seen Jennie, but she knew her whereabouts. Since that day, Jennie didn't have the strength to see Lisa. She just left, she left Kuku, left her things, and just disappeared, yet everyone knew Jennie was out for business purposes, which is why, her family was not looking for her.

"The auction is happening in 2 days, is everything set?" Lisa asked Rosé on the phone.

"Yes, the money is ready, the men are ready too. The fraulins confirmed that they'll be attending" Lisa felt a relief that everything's falling into places.

"Good, the replacement of the item will take place tonight, Jackson and Dara's team will do it. Rosé, make sure that they won't fail" Rosé laughed which made Lisa roll her eyes.

"Yes boss"

The call ended, and Lisa finished her bourbon before she proceeded to the warehouse to check the newly arrived equipment she bought.

She saw her men unloading the guns and bombs she ordered from her friend. She checked all the packages, and everything was there.

"Arrange them properly in the gun room" the men nodded. Lisa took one last check before she left the vicinity.

Lisa is in the mansion petting Kuku and her cat, they all get along with each other which made Lisa at ease knowing they would not fight. Lisa took her phone and dialed a number. After a few rings, the line was answered.

"How is she?" She asked.

"She's in the mountains, still. she's fine as of now, but at times she would go out in the middle on the night staring at nowhere" Lisa sighed. Monitoring Jennie was never a tiring job for her, she sends out people just to protect her and good thing she was never harmed.

Jennie met this amazing couple as she wandered in the mountains. They took her in and treated her like their daughter since they weren't able to have a child themselves. They fed, dressed, and placed a roof over her head. They would at times help each other in running their rice fields, Jennie would help the old man plant rice stalks, and feed some of the animals that the couple raised.

"Such a good kid, are you sure your parent's are not looking for you? It's been a month now" the old lady, whom Jennie called Uma asked. "Yes Uma, they know I'm safe" Jennie reassured the old lady.

"Are you helping me tomorrow in the fields? We haven't finished the other side?" The lady's wife asked. "Of course pa, I will help you" Jennie flashes her gummy smile which the couples loved.

It was a day well spent for Jennie Kim, her night ended with a great meal and conversation with the couple. As for Lisa, her night has just started.

"Are everyone set?" Rosé asked from the earpiece. She's back at the headquarters with Lisa who's currently watching them from the CCTV camera of the place where the artifacts were stored.

"Alpha ready" Jackson said.

"Bravo read" Dara said.

There were around 50 items in the venue, Lisa made the mission a game for both teams. Those who can bring her more authentic artifacts will receive a reward within an hour, the group who fails will receive a consequence. This made each teams eager to replace the 50 artifacts, as fast as they could.

Each team has their own tech person guiding them through the maze halls. As of now, team alpha is getting near to the first room of where some of the artifacts were.

"Alpha team in" Jackson said and opened the door. He took out a can and sprayed it on the air, making the laser security system visible to them.