Chapter Thirty

Lies, started this war, truth will end it. 

The Manobans waited for this day to come, Lisa laid out everything, and now they're hoping things will go according to plan. Jennie volunteered to be part of the mission, Lisa was hesitant at first but Jennie was very persuasive. 

Lisa lead the mission, together with Rosé, Jackson, Irene, and Dara. They are sabotaging the Fraulins events. They are having a gala, where other Mafia groups are gathered for a night. Lisa got the invitation and it was an opening door for her.

"Are you sure you don't want me down there?" Jennie asked Lisa before she went inside. She's dressed in white long gown, looking elegant and expensive. "No wife, stay with Jackson" Jennie wanted to join Lisa in the gala, but its not time yet for them to know that she joined the mafia. Jennie nodded and followed Lisa's instructions. 

Lisa went inside together with Rosé, the known right hand of Lisa. Everyone greeted them with smile, it is still undeniable that Lisa is considered the Queen of this industry. Everyone greeted her as if it's her party, yet she is just a guest. 

"Miss Manoban, it's been so long since we've seen you in this gathering" Gaveon, the head of the Sebastians greeted the lady. "Troubles in the company, but nothing I couldn't handle" Lisa said, Gaveon and her has been in a good relationship since her dad's terms, Gaveon and her dad has been good friends since then, and she kept it that way. 

"Miss Manoban, it's an honor to see you here" Clinton, the head of the Suarez, came and greeted the lady. "It's good to see you Clinton, it's been so long, we should catch up" Lisa and Clinton are of the same age, they both inherited the throne when Clinton's parent's decided to step down because Lisa's parent's died. 

The Manobans are the royalty, everyone want's to be on their side, yet one group want's to be them. Fraulins.

The night has started, Leon started the event with a speech, and even acknowledging Lisa's presence, the lady acted like she was flattered, but she was just so angry. The guest were left to enjoy each other's company when Leon and Lisa's path's crossed. 

"Miss Manoban, its an honor to have you here, I'm really glad you made it" Leon greeted with a big smile on his face that just annoyed the hell out of Lisa. But she flashed a smile, not sweet, just a subtle smile.

"It's an honor to be here Mr. Fraulin" she returned the compliment. 

Lisa was about to turn her back when Leon whispered something.

you picked the wrong enemy. 

guns were fired, Lisa tore her dress apart and placed it on a duffle bag that one of their men was holding, this is to keep her identity hidden. 

"Jennie, are you there?" Lisa asked through the earpiece, "Here" Jennie simply said. 

"Fuck, they knew we're here" Jackson said, when he saw Leon's right hand Seulgi shoot almost half of their men. 

"I swear to god Jackson! time will come I will kill you" Lisa's voice is full of anger, those who heard it almost had a heart attack.

"execute the plan, Dara, take Jennie out of the building." with that, Lisa turned off the earpiece and went blindly. this has to end. 

Lisa was looking for Leon, she has to kill that bastard. She looked around, the other families who attended has left the area, aside from the Manoban's and Fraulins. 

"How does it feel to be defeated again Lisa?" A man's voice echoed through the empty room. Lisa recognized the voice.

"Don't be a coward Leon and face me, stop hiding from the shadows and be a man" Lisa tried to provoke the man but Leon didn't allow Lisa's words to get into his head.

"It's not our time yet Lisa, I am not done, you still have to suffer" and with that, the place became silent again. 

"FUCK" 

The team returned to the headquarters empty handed. Lisa's head is in chaos, she's mad and disappointed, yet she worries for Jennie, who got a cut on her thighs. "Dara, what the hell happened?" she barged inside their little infirmary and saw Jennie being stitched. 

"It was not Dara's fault okay? one of their men went behind me, I was not fast enough, this is my fault, not Dara's." Jennie explained, giving a smile at Dara who's trembling right now. She's bubbly but she knows how a Manoban get's angry.

Half of the men are either wounded or dead. 

"The plan was clean, it was flawless, yet how did they know?" Lisa asked herself. She took a glass of bourbon and sat on the empty beds. 

"Rosé, I am so sure there is a mole in our group" Lisa started the talk, the two ladies stepped outside the headquarters and into a much secluded place.

"I couldn't agree more, there is someone inside who's reporting our every plan to the Fraulins. Who do you think is it?" Rosé asked, looking at Lisa.

they're outside the city, it's better this way. they knew they got each other's back. Lisa can't trust Jennie at this moment because of something she just knew. 

"I found this out" Lisa handed a file to Rosé.

Jennie Kim.

Rosé turned her attention to Lisa as soon as she read the name written on the folder. Rosé carefully opened the folder and scanned through, Rosé was so surprised she almost dropped the file.

"A one-month old baby was found on the doorstep of Mr. and Mrs. Kim on the 16th of February, Today, April 25, 2xxx, the said baby, is officially Named as Jennie Kim, and is officially adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Kim. This certificate is proof that Miss Jennie Kim is legally part of the Kim family. signed below, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, and Court of Justice, and Atty. xxxx"

"How did you get this?" Rosé asked, refusing to believe what was written in the paper.

"Kriston, my private investigator. Before the wedding I had Jennie investigated, it took him awhile to have this because the Kim's were too good at hiding it" Lisa took a torn baby picture of Jennie. 

"The Kim's adopted her on the second month she was born. She was left outside the doorstep of Kim's mansion" Lisa said. Inside the files that Rosé was holding were DNA tests, photographs, and even the copy of Jennie's adoption.

Jennie is not a Kim, and she doesn't know that. It is also hard to track down Jennie's real family because all of the information after she was born was non-existent. 

Silence took over the two ladies as they look into the darkness of the night. Lisa sighed, Rosé couldn't help but feel sorry for Lisa. All these revenge, all these plans are exhausting her, but Rosé knew that this is what Lisa wants. 

"How should I tell her?" Lisa asked, she knew it's not her place to tell Jennie but she can't lie to her, it will hurt Jennie if she'll find out that Lisa knew about it all along. 

"Don't wait for things to be right, just tell her Lis, you're her wife, you have the right" Lisa sighed, she knew this would break Jennie. 

"I don't think now is the right time Park, I'll just let this be over with before she deals with this stuff." Rosé respected her friends decision. it would be hard for Jennie to deal with this right now, it's better to have their focus on what's in front of them first.

Jennie would understand. I hope so. 

---------------------------------------------