Chapter Seventeen

Love doesn't make you forget things, it actually makes you remember little details.
Love doesn't make you nervous, it makes you feel safe,
Love is when you're ready to break the walls you build around you and let love in.

Its been three days since the two ladies arrived. Their bond tightened each day. It's already evening and the two ladies are walking on the shore going to their villa while admiring the beauty of night. As soon as they spotted the bench, they hurried and sat. "Not fair, you have longer legs" Jennie whined as she saw Lisa hurried and sat on her favourite spot. The cat pouted. Lisa laughed at what she saw. She immediate scooted over and let Jennie sit. The latter giggled and sat beside Lisa.

"You know what, you're not as bad as they think you are" the feline eyed lady started the conversation. Lisa wasn't able to say anything, but she threw in a confused look. "People fear you, they call you heartless, and emotionless, but for me, you are kind, and cheerful, and full of positive things. On the span of 2 days, I was able to see a whole different Lisa" Jennie ended her speech with a big smile but Lisa couldn't accept the compliment. She knew she's different, that she holds the insults and never the compliments. But her heart wasn't able to stop itself from getting flattered with the kind words, she admired Jennie more, but she knew, one day, she was to do something to keep Jennie away from harm.

The two ladies decided to get inside the villa and continue their chat inside since Jennie wanted to lie down already. Sharing a bed felt comfortable already, it felt like they've been together for a long time. "I also realized that you are not what they say you are" Lisa said as she looked at the feline eyed lady who's currently staring at the ceiling. Their eyes met when Jennie turned her gaze at Lisa. "I always thought you're like them, who chase people for money, who lives for money. It was a bad impression but it what made me chose you to be my wife, because I thought I knew you wouldn't get emotionally involved, I thought what we have will never be more than just business partners, but as days go by, I came to realize that Jennie Kim is a whole different person. She's not a mean tiger, she's a loving cat." Lisa couldn't help but brush her fingers through Jennie's face. Jennie smiled at Lisa's words and mouthed thank you.

The night went deep and Jennie fell asleep. Lisa on the other hand was wide awake, staring blankly at the ceiling wondering why she couldn't sleep. She turned her gaze at Jennie who turned her back and faced Lisa. A smile was evident on Lisa's face as she saw Jennie in deep sleep, releasing tiny snores. It was adorable. She turned to her side and faced Jennie.

"I'm sorry" she whispered. "I'm sorry that I dragged you into a situation that would put your life at risk. I never knew I would give much value and importance to a person's life other than mine. I never thought that fear would come back and haunt me. The fear that one day I might lose someone important, and someone I love. I buried fear years ago, yet you managed to dig it up and bring it back to me. I don't blame you, I blame myself, because I didn't build my walls strong enough." Tears couldn't stop itself from rolling down from Lisa's eyes. "I never thought I'd feel this way, and no matter how hard I try and deny, I couldn't change the fact that I have already fallen in love with you" she wiped her tears with her hand as she study Jennie's face.

"I will do anything to save you from the trouble I caused" she planted a kiss on Jennie's forehead before falling into slumber.

It's 5 in the morning and Jennie woke up to the loud drops of the heavy rain hitting the roof. "What time is it?" She looked outside the window and it was still dark, she reached to her phone and saw that it was still 5. She groaned in frustration and turned to the other side of the bed only to be surprised of how close her face was to the sleeping lady— Lisa.