Chapter 13

"It's either I love you or I love you."

LISA

PLAN #3-Take it to the next level!

"This is bad. Jennie is limping. She strained her right foot yesterday. Lisa, you have to assist Jennie on the doubles okay?"

"Yes coach," I looked at Jennie who was putting an ice pack on her swollen ankle.

Today is the last day of the Intramural Meet and Jennie being the ace of our team had already bagged three golds. I haven't played anything since I was on standby. I'm just new that's why. But then coach told me to pair with Jennie in today's finals for the doubles of women's karate.

"Let me help you," I snatched the ice pack from Jennie's hand and I gently pressed it on her strained foot. Even though I wasn't looking, I can feel that she was looking at me. Her muscles stiffened when I accidentally brushed my skin on hers.

"Are you really doing this?" I said worriedly as I turned my gaze on her hypnotizing eyes.

"Y-yeah. I can't afford to disappoint the team."

"But you're injured!" I don't know why I suddenly raised my voice. I don't even know why my blood is boiling because of her state and still, all she can think is her team.

"I can still fight," she said sternly.

"You can still back out," I replied as I calmed myself down.

"Don't tell me what to do. This is my body, not yours."

She tried to stood up but then she tripped. I held her in my arms, assisted her to stand while she tried to keep all her weight on her left foot.

"You're so hardheaded. Just stay behind me. And please, listen to me just this once."

Victory Party

"I didn't know that you're this good Lisa. Sorry if I have ever underestimated you," Jackson said. He is one of our seniors.

"I told you that she's great! That was two versus one!" our coach commented.

"Not really. Jennie played her part too. She just proved herself, she's the undefeated one. A legend in the making," I said before I winked at Jennie. She smirked at me and responded with a disgusted look on her face.

"Yeah right. Jennie is really something. Who would fight with an injury if it is not our very own Jennie Kim? Here's a toast for our ace!" coach proudly raised his glass and slugged it in one go.

Jennie was in front of me, trying her best to socialize by nodding like a robot when someone tries to spark conversations with her. I can tell that she just kept on drinking in order to avoid talking with the people around her. It was obvious how she only loves the sport but not her teammates.

Everybody was already wasted when Jennie excused herself. It's already 2 in the morning. I followed her when she went out.

"Wait here. I'll take you home."

"You're drunk."

"Don't worry, I didn't drink that much so I can still drive."

I didn't wait for her to respond. I rushed to where I parked my car and I quickly get back to Jennie.

"Thank you," I was startled when she talked amid the deafening silence.

"What for?"

"For doing your best to protect me earlier."

"We're teammates. That's what partners do."

After that, she didn't talk again. I stopped at the front of their house but when I looked at Jennie's direction, she was already sound asleep.

I took the chance and examined her face. She is really a goddess! The sight of her is breathtaking. No wonder why everyone wanted her despite knowing how cold her attitude is. I slowly extended my hand and tucked a few strands of her hair that was covering her face at the back of her ear.

I almost jumped out of my seat when she abruptly opened her eyes and caught me looking at her. It was also the moment when I realized that my face is so close to her that I can already feel her hot breath touching the bridge of my nose.

"S-sorry," I said without even knowing what I'm sorry for.

"Thanks for the ride," she said before she got out of the car.

I didn't know but I followed her outside. Without second thoughts I held her wrist, spun her around, grabbed her nape and pulled her close for a kiss.

My heart exploded from satisfaction when I felt her soft lips on mine. I don't know if I will still be alive when our lips part, but one thing is for sure, a kiss shared with Jennie Kim is worth dying for.