Chapter 33

LISA

Saying that I wasn't bothered when Jennie told me that she will be leaving to New Zealand after graduation will be a lie. I was. I didn't even see that coming.  I can't imagine us living far away from each other separated by a massive distance.

But I have to remain strong when she's breaking down like that.

"You! You are not wearing your I.D." I heard Jennie's voice near the library. She was there cornering a poor guy who was looking at her with a pair of curvy hearts in his eyes.

Damn. Boys never fail to drool over Jennie's beauty. Can't he even tell that the girl in front of her will be punishing him in the next few minutes?

"I..why...are...you...so...pretty?" Jennie's eyes widened and then her face turned sour. She surely is grumpy today.

"I know that. Your I.D.?" Jennie asked again. Now, more serious than ever and it made the guy snap back to reality.

"Oh! Sorry! It's... it's in my bag!"

"Wear it or else I'll —"

"Let him go Jen–" I intervened.

"Who do you —Lisa!" Jennie turned to me and gave me a hug. I signalled the boy to leave us while the grumpy Jen is still distracted by my presence.

"U-uhm. Jen? You're always hugging me way too tight?"

"Opps! Sorry. I kinda missed you?" she said as she loosened her arms around my waist, her face looking up at me.

"I missed you too," I said in my sweet voice then I looked down and leaned closer just enough for our nose to touch. I gave her a tingling sensation as I gently rubbed my nose on hers.

"Wait—the I.D. guy!" she looked back without letting go of me.

"Let him be. He said that his I.D. is in his bag."

"But still—"

"Jen, I'm here okay? Focus on me instead of some other guy out there."

"I'm always focused on you, stupid."

"Aw. Now you're calling me stupid?"

"I'm just stating a fact."

"Are we going to bicker again?"

"You started it kid!" she withdraw from the hug.

"Kid? Me? Okay then! I might as well cancel our plan for today," I uttered, crossing my arms, acting like I was offended. Jennie walked closer to me as she wears her gummy smile.

That smile is really my Achilles hills. Damn! This girl knows me so much!

"What plan?"

"Not gonna tell."

"Ahhh come onnnn!"

"U-uhh no," I saw how she painted a smirk on her face which literally means that she's up to something.