Chapter 24

"Sometimes you just have to face your fears because it could help you reach your destination."

JENNIE

"Why did you do it?" the campus director asked after watching the video of my performance last night. He was sitting on his swivel chair while our technical adviser stood by his side with a grin painted on his face.

"I don't know. All these years I've been the model student that you wanted me to be. I've been forced to do the things that I don't want to do without thinking about myself, about my happiness. I tried to choose the school's welfare again but I feel so wrong for doing so, although I know that in your eyes, what I've done is the right thing. But to me? It's the complete opposite. It's like a rope that is restraining me to breath. And so I decided to choose myself this time, my happiness. I don't want to hide anymore. I don't want to fool everyone anymore. I just want to break these chains and be who I am. For once, I badly want to be free."

I stared straight into his eyes while saying every word that I've been wanting to tell him. Lisa has been holding my hand all this time. She made me feel like I wasn't alone in this battle. The campus director then stood up and clapped his hands. He looked at me with his proud eyes. Confusion was clearly traced in the face of our technical adviser.

"I think my son raised you well. I'm so proud of my granddaughter. You have enough self-compassion, you know what to equip yourself with so that you can consume yourself to light others."

"Granddaughter?!" our TA asked. He was surprised. He didn't see this coming. What a troublesome turn of events for him.

"Thank you grandpa," I gave him my gummy smile before I hugged him tight.

"Oh right. Thanks to your bravery, our school became more famous than ever. We were complimented for having much respect to the rainbow family."

"Really?! That's good news grandpa!"

"You," grandpa looked back to our TA.

"What are you still doing here?"

"Sorry sir! I'll be going out now." I almost let out a loud laugh as I watched how our TA bumped into the chair as he rushed to the door.

"So, my granddaughter got herself a beautifully handsome girlfriend eh?" grandpa teased us and it made Lisa's cheeks turn red.

"Grandpa!"

"Sorry for the late introduction sir. My name is Lalisa Manoban. I'm from the business department," Lisa introduced herself as she reached for my grandfather's hand.

"How's Jennie as a girlfriend? Does she take care of you well?"

"She's sweet. But she gets jealous all the time."

"You know I'm listening right?" I arched my brows.

"She's possessive. It runs in our blood. So you better prepare yourself." Grandpa said to Lisa before giving her a wink.

"I can't believe that you're talking about me when I'm just in front of you."

ROSÉ

"DAEBAK!" Jisoo blurted out while looking at her phone. We are currently taking a rest at the bench. Being an announcer during this founding anniversary is really tiring. Imagine talking all day? How awful can that be?

"What's with that reaction?"

"Have you checked your phone? I mean your social media?"

"I've been holding a mic all day Jisoo. Why? Did something big happen?"

"Yes. Very big."

"What is it? Stop being a human cliffhanger!"

"Jennie and Lisa is trending! Someone posted their performance on Facebook and Youtube and it has been gaining a lot of interest from the public! Right now the views is over a million already!"

"This is a great news! No wonder there are a lot of people from other schools outside the gate who are trying to get in."

"Speaking of the power couple. Here they are-tadaaaaa!" Jisoo dramatically said as Jennie and Lisa reached our space.

"Have you taken your snacks?" Lisa asked as she sat beside me while Jennie went to Jisoo's side.

"Tell us. Since when?" I asked.

"Since when what?"

"When did you start dating? And why haven't you tell us? Specially you Lalisa." I said in a stern manner.

"Yeah. How did you tame our president? Did you use black magic?"

"Woahh woahh. Are you interrogating me?" Lisa jolted.

"Obviously," Jisoo commented.

"We became official last night," it was Jennie who answered.

"Just last night?!" Jisoo and I said in chorus.

"Yeah."

"You're slower than I thought Manoban."

"I don't rush love."

"EWWWWW! Cringe!"

"Anyway, do you know that many people had made fan pages for you? Or are you even aware of the fact that you're viral since last night?" I asked.

"Jenlisa. That's what they call you and people are going crazy over your ship," Jisoo added.

"I'm not surprised," Jennie said.

"Ohh. That must be the reason why a staff from YG kept bugging me on the gate this morning."

"YG? You mean the entertainment company?"

"Yeah. She said that I'll do good if I become an idol but I turned her offer down."

"That was a once in a lifetime offer Lalisa!"

"You didn't mention this to me lilipoo."

"I'm sorry my nini. You're kinda angry at me this morning."

"That's because you kept on hugging strangers back there!"

"I don't have a choice. I was chosen by the president and I haven't got the chance to object."

Okay. We are literally out of the picture. I think they are having a love quarrel here. Can't they even see that we're still with them? They just got official last night right? I wonder how long this couple could last if they're fighting over petty reasons?

"Oh come on! Just tell me you loved the idea of hugging other people that's why you didn't say no in the first place!"

"Are you doubting me? If there is one person that I would love to hug all day then that would be none other than you Jennie. You know how I'm head over heels for you!"

"Ehermmm! We are still here for pete's sake! Stop fighting like kids. Both of you!"