Chapter 30

"Love is a game but I play it by my own rules."

LISA

"Let's talk."

I was startled when Jennie dragged me inside the students' center when I passed by. The students' center is just a small room intended for the students who want to take a break for a couple of minutes, but no one really goes here. This is one of the most abandoned places in the university.

"I—"

"I—"

"You first," Jennie said when we both said the same thing.

"No, you first."

"Here's your phone," she said as she handed my phone over. I reached for it and when my fingers slightly brushed her hand, I felt like I've been charged with 200 joules of energy.

Wrong move Lisa.

"T-thanks," Heck?! I shouldn't be stuttering. I cleared my throat then I spoke again.

"Thank you. I thought I lost it."

"How's your vacation?" she asked. Why is she acting like this? She's not angry of me anymore?

I kept my eyes on the ground as I responded to her. I couldn't meet her gaze. No, I shouldn't make contact with her eyes or else I'll lose my cool.

"Why are you asking me this? I thought you don't want to see me anymore?" I said in my low voice.

"I just want to catch up with you," she said casually.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

There. I finally said it. I still need to ask forgiveness for playing with her in the beginning although she had hurt me with that bold move in the gym. Technically, she didn't do anything wrong because when it happened, there's no longer an us.

"What?"

"I said I'm sorry about that thing with Bambam."

"We talked."

"You what?"

"Bambam and I talked when he called on your phone. He told me that you called it off before the night of the Founding Anniversary."

"He did?" This time I managed to look at her and still be in control of my half shaken heart.

"Yeah. Sorry for doubting you, Lisa-yah."

God knows how I loved it when she called me by my name. It's like music to my ears. I missed her calling me like that. I still love her despite the damage that has been done.

"It's okay. You deserve to be angry at me since I did such a bad thing for having a secret motive from the start."

"So..." she started walking closer to me while I kept on stepping back until I hit the wall.

"W-what?" I lost count of how many times I swallowed hard when her face is just a few inches away from me.

"Should we—" a loud ringing from my other phone interrupted Jennie. When I looked at my screen, Sunmi's name appeared.

Jennie grunted when she saw who was calling. She even rolled her eyes on me.

"I—I need to take this call," I said as I tried to excuse my self, but before I could go out from the door, Jennie hugged me from the back.

"Lisa. I missed you.

Let's be together again."

-------

I'll update soon. I just need to finish some school works😉

Thanks for the reads!