Chapter 31

JISOO

"What's with that smile? It's weird," I commented when I noticed that Lisa kept on smiling ever since she got back from the dean's office. We are currently at the cafeteria since we only meet during lunch time or after school hours.

"Totally weird. There's nothing to smile about here," Rosé added.

"Come on people! I'm just happy—"

"Waittt. Is it because of Sunmi?" it was Rosé again. She faced Lisa as if she was a prosecutor with a very confident hunch.

"Yeah right. I haven't got the chance to ask you. How did you meet Sunmi? Is she going to study here? Why did she attend the assembly? How come we didn't know about this? Are you together? —" Chaeng cut me off.

"Woah woah. Slow down you rabbit. I know that you're crushing over that idol but please ask your question one at a time."

"Tch. Just answer me Lisa!"

"Which one should I answer first?" Lisa responded.

"Everything!"

"Okay okay. I'm just kidding. Sunmi and I are childhood friends. We met in Thailand and it is where we became close. We kept in touch as far as we could. We meet at least twice a month to catch up. She's going to study here but she's underloaded since most of her subjects were credited. So we will probably see her just a few times since she's a busy artist. And for the question if we're together, no we are not."

"Are you talking about me?" I looked up and saw one of the prettiest human being in the whole world. She's not only pretty. She's talented too!

"Miiii!" Lisa exclaimed before she hugged her. Sunmi sat down beside Lisa while I kept my mouth shut and enjoyed admiring her.

"Hi! I'm Chaeng!" Rosé said bubbly as she offered Sunmi a handshake.

"And this is...yah! Stop staring," I was startled when Chaeng hit my arm softly.

"Sunmi might melt Jisoo-yah," Lisa teased which made the three of them chuckle.

"The name's Jisoo," I acted casually as I introduced myself.

"Nice meeting you both! I'm Sunmi by the way," she responded although we already know her name.

I mean. Who wouldn't know her?

She's this amazing artist who had fans all over the world.

I admit that I like her but not in a romantic way. I just admire her and look up to her. I want to be like her someday when God permits.

After eating our lunch, Sunmi treat us with some ice cream. She is fun to be with. We easily get along. I'm not awkward around her anymore. She's kind and it's nice to be a friend to her.

"Lisa, you have something near your mouth," Rosé said as she handed Lisa a tissue. It was immediately grabbed by Sunmi then she was the one who wiped the stain on Lisa's lips.

"Excuse me but I would like to borrow something," we were all startled by Jennie's deep and threatening voice.

When did she get here? I wasn't able to feel her presence. And what is it that she's going to borrow? I thought Lisa and her had some issues. What's with this bold move?

"Jennie," Lisa mumbled.

"What do you want to borrow?" Chaeng asked as she smiled at the poker faced Jennie.

"Her," she paused as she pointed at Lisa. I saw how Lisa's eyes widened and how her cheeks turned red. Gosh. This girl is still under Jennie's spell. Sunmi just raised her brows as if she was trying to understand the situation.

"I want to borrow my girlfriend."

JENNIE

"What's with you and Sunmi?" I asked when we arrived at the office.

"We're just friends—"

"Does friends wipe someone's mouth because there's something on it?"

"No, but—"

"Does friends act so clingy like that huh?"

"Jennie-yah,"

"What?!"

"Are you jealous?"

I stopped for a moment. Am I jealous? Am I? Really? Me?! Over her?!

Why would I be jealous if I'm prettier than her? I'm rich and well-mannered. When it comes to singing I can sing just well. I'm famous too, what more if I become an artist, right? And to top it all, I rank first in my class.

Wait. When did I start comparing myself to her? Why would I? Seriously?!

"N-no!"

"Come on. You are jealous," Lisa wrapped her arms around me when she noticed that I was a bit mad about what I saw. After what happened in the students' center, we went back to what we were before. I explained what happened at the gym too, and she believed in me. She said that now we're even so why not get back together if that's what our hearts really want.

"I said I-I'm n-not."

"Sunmi is my childhood friend that's why we are so clingy like that, okay?"

"I didn't know. I'm sorry. I was rude."

"It's okay. It's weird but I love it when you're like this—when you act like this. It makes me feel like I am really loved by you because you don't want to share me," she said while hugging me tighter.

"Silly. Of course I don't want to share you with others. I don't want to see anyone hitting on you. You are mine Lisa and mine alone. You know it better than anyone else that I don't share what's mine. Call me selfish because I really am—specially when it comes to you."

"I'm all yours. I love you Jennie-yah."

"And I love you more."