Chapter 21

"I'll take all the sorrows from all the goodbyes. Just don't leave me hanging in your words filled with lies."

LISA

A week had passed yet I still can't get over her. My heart still cries everytime I see her at school. Rosé and Jisoo are also nowhere to be found. They are too busy with their thesis, reports, and their duties as officers that's why we hardly find time to hang out. They told me that they are dealing with some kind of issue in their office that's why they always had meetings after class. Extracurriculars are such a headache. Fortunately, Joohyun has been always with me. She really made me feel like I'm not alone, that I don't deserve to be thrown out like a used item. I sincerely thank her for that.

I tried to keep myself busy to somehow forget her. I joined the university's dance troupe when Seulgi told me to audition. After class I always attend the practice for the prod that we're going to perform at the night of the Founding Anniversary of the school which is actually happening next week.

"Let's do it again. The last sixteen counts," Seulgi suggested when she noticed that there are still flaws in our performance. We are going to sing and dance to EXO's Loveshot and Move by Taemin.

After that we will also perform another dance. I was paired with Joohyun and we have decided to dance to Redvelvet's Monster.

"That was so tiring!" I uttered as I throw myself on the ground while Mina did the same.

"I can't agree more," she said while still catching her breath.

"Oh right. How was the SSG doing? I can't seem to get hold of my friends."

"It's suffocating inside. Our technical adviser is a bit too rough on us."

"He must be a psycho. Kidding. I still want to get promoted to 4th year," Mina chuckled.

"He really is. We're like walking on a very thin ice right now. Our president is having a hard time too."

"Really? Why?"

"I heard them having an argument once. You know Jennie right?"

"Y-yeah. What did you hear?"

"He was kinda angry at Jen because someone told him that Jennie was dating a girl," Mina said in a very low voice. Just enough for the two of us to hear. Joohyun and Seulgi was at the monitor trying to check our dance practice. They're some kind of perfectionists when it comes to performances like this and it bought me time to have a chitchat with Mina.

"And what's the problem with that?"

"If you're just an ordinary student, of course there will be no problem. But it is Jennie that we're talking here. She is the face of the school, she is the president of the SSG, and she had already made a name nationally because she's the unbeatable karate player."

Is this the reason why Jennie chose to abandon me? Because she can't afford to lose her title and ruin her image? She's such a coward. Her love isn't true at all. She turned her back on me. She didn't even try fighting for me, for us. I'm the only one who's hurting. I'm the only one who's suffering while everything seems to be okay with her.

I'm so pathetic for falling in love with her.

"Did Jennie admit that she is dating someone?"

"She did. That's what enraged our TA more. And so she was told to stop that dating thing before the damage escalates."

"Damage? What do you mean by that?"

"Come on Lisa! Anwyll University is a famous school. Not only here in the country but internationally. Look at the students, some are Koreans, Filipinos, Chinese, and me, a Japanese. If Jennie's scandal will be exposed out there, considering the fact that she's the face of the school, what do you think will happen?"

"I don't know. What will happen?"

"I can't believe I'm being this talkative to you. So as I was saying, if that ever happens, the school will suffer a loss. There is a great possibility that investors will not be interested to support the school anymore. And as for Jennie, she might be terminated for being the source of the mess."

"That's absurd! They are just thinking too much. It's just a freaking possibility!"

"A possibility is still a possibility. It's better to prevent it than to deal with it late."

IRENE

At the Club

"Stop drinking Lisa. For pete's sake you're already wasted!" I tried to take the beer from her but she didn't let me. Instead, she drank it all.

I still don't get why people drink when problems are too heavy for them to unload. They said alcohol is a short term therapy for the lonely, depressed, problematic, melancholic, and broken hearted. Does it really help them forget their struggles for a moment?

"I'm not yet—Joohyun, why is there two of you?" I looked at Lisa who is pointing her fingers at me. She's trying to see clearly if there is really two Joohyun in front of her.

"See? You're drunk! We're going home."

"No. I don't want to go home! I'm gonna get drown in this bitter—wait is this a juice?"

"It's alcohol!"

"You mean that liquid thing that kills 99.9% of germs?"

"I'm going crazy because of you," this is driving me nuts. I washed my face with my palms to somehow lengthen my patience but Lisa just laughed at me then she pouted.

"Joohyun-ah! Why can't this alcohol kill the .1% of germs?"

"It's not that type of alcohol. And for your information, I'm a journalism student, not a future chemist or scientist or anything with IST!"

"Ahhh. Can this kill the pain I'm feeling too?" there she goes again with her love problem. Can't she even see that many people loves her? Why does she have to dwell in that pain when it's just making her suffer?

"I don't know. But I'm sure you'll wake up with a throbbing headache tomorrow."

"Did you know?"

"What?"

"That she didn't choose me. She's too selfish for ditching me for her own sake!"

"I know very well. That's why you're here right? Drinking until you passed out, hoping that when you wake up all the pain will magically disappear."

"I'm so pathetic," she let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Let's go home Lisa," I assisted her as she wabbled just by taking a few steps. I was about to drag her out when a person held her other hand.

"I'm taking her home."

Speaking of the devil.

It's Jennie.

Lisa who looks like she's gonna pass out any minute creased her forehead when she saw the familiar figure.

"You," Lisa started as she took Jennie's hand off of her. "You didn't even think of me when you made that decision. You're so scared of the things that you haven't witnessed yet. You're such a coward for turning your back on me and I'm such a fool for believing that your feelings were true. You know what? I wish...I wish we didn't cross our paths."

"Lis—" Jennie was about to speak again but Lisa cut her off by turning  her head towards my direction and then gluing her gaze on me.

"Joohyun, take me away from her."