inner demons.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

THE FIRST TIME LAN Y/N STEPPED FOOT IN THE MONSTER'S CAVE, HE COULD ALMOST HEAR SOMETHING CALLING OUT TO HIM, COMING FROM DEEP INSIDE THE CAVE.

it was nothing more than a whisper, something he had initially ignored as his attention was grabbed by a certain golden peacock. but as they continued deeper into the cave, the whispers got louder and seemingly multiplied. the whispers of men and women swirled into a chaotic mess of voices that ranged from children to adults.

but again, he simply pursed his lips and ignored it. he was used to hearing voices in his head after all, as he usually had a singular narrator in his mind who told him what to do or encouraged his mischievous behavior, but sometimes, he could hear more than one voice; whispers... incomprehensible whispers along with muffled screams.

inside the cave, it was the same, except there were more whispers, and they were noticeably louder, more frantic, but they were muffled. but when he got to the pool, the whispers stopped and he could strangely hear everything in his surroundings. from the quiet murmurs of the other disciples to the muffled, panicked breathing of a few, the pained grunts of his older brother, and of course jin zixuan's loudly thumping heart.

he could hear everything, and it overwhelmed all of his other senses. his head throbbed in pain, but he ignored it.

but in the midst of all the loud noises, he heard a single voice, a man, calling out to him. "a-y/n." the voice said. it sounded so calming, so peaceful and warm. "come closer child, let me see your face." the voice beckoned him closer to the glowing pool. he obeyed without a second thought, as the voice reminded him of his adoptive father, lan xiao, who would always sing to him a lullaby before he went to sleep as a child. he could never remember the lyrics though, he always fell asleep before he could hear the first word.