twenty-one.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

LAN Y/N FELT DAZED AS HE STARED BLANKLY AT A ROCK, HIS BRAIN DESPERATELY TRIED TO REMEMBER WHAT HE HAD JUST BEEN DREAMING ABOUT.

it was like he was a third person, watching, or rather, listening to two people converse inside his head. he tried to remember what they were talking about, he felt like it was important somehow, but no matter how hard he tried, he really couldn't remember. he rubbed his eyes.

wangji watched his younger brother with worried eyes. using his fingers, he expertly massaged his younger brother's temples, trying to help him get rid of his headache. but it was no use, as he seemed to be more focused on something else.

meanwhile, the lanling jin clan disciples stared up at the rock wall that blocked their exit. jin zixuan clicked his tongue before stomping away in frustration. "those damned wens!" he cursed, curling his hand into a fist and slamming it against the rock wall. the loud noise seemed to have snapped out lan y/n out of his daze as he had suddenly jolted up, like a cat who was suddenly woken up by its owner. he shook his head.

turning around, he saw his older brother, who seemed surprised for a moment as his hands were raised. "what happened?" lan y/n asked, twisting his upper body to look at his older brother. wangji breathed a sigh of relief, his hands falling to his lap. "you were nearly eaten by the monster." he replied, again with his monotone voice, but lan y/n could hear a hint of warmth and relief in his tone. sighing, lan y/n fell back, his head now resting on wangji's lap.

"and the wens?" he asked, throwing an arm over his eyes. "they fled in fear for the monster, but not before they branded wei wuxian with a branding iron." when he heard those words, lan y/n shot up, an upset look on his face. "they what-" he tried to yell, but someone had placed their hand over his mouth, preventing him from raising his voice. his voice was muffled as he angrily looked back, but his anger faltered when he saw jin zixuan. "quiet. you don't want to wake up that thing, don't you?" he said, referring to the tortoise who had now, presumably, gone to sleep.