thirty-three.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

LAN Y/N WANDERED AROUND THE GRAND AND LAVISH HALLS OF THE KOI PALACE, WITHOUT ANY IDEA WHAT TO DO TO KILL TIME.

lan y/n sighed as he turned down into another hallway. only servants and the occasional mistresses walked past him, but not before complimenting his looks. his older brother left a few days prior, accompanying jin zixuan to defend the newly retaken langya, because apparently, the wens wasn't going to give up that location despite the manslaughter they had just suffered thanks to lan y/n.

but of course, lan y/n was forced to stay behind and protect the lanling jin clan while they were away. while it was most certainly an important job, to hold down the fort until they returned, lan y/n didn't like it one bit. the battle in langya raged on, and jin zixuan had yet to return from the frontlines with lan y/n's older brother. while the battle was elsewhere, lan y/n remained in jinlintai, far from the bloody battlefield where he knows he truly belongs. he felt trapped amongst the architectural marvels of the lanling jin clan, despite everything being so peaceful, considering how content the servants were, that they were safe in their palace while others were dying in a war for freedom against the oppressing qishan wen clan. just being in the jin clan's home turf was unnerving to lan y/n, who was never really fond of being surrounded by so many jin zixuan wannabe's. he sighed again.

he liked jin zixuan. he liked teasing him, he liked the reactions he got out of teasing him, but when surrounded by so many of jin zixuan's kin, he really couldn't suffer being with them. so, he took a walk, in an attempt to get rid of the suffocation feeling.

he looked out a window, where there was a series of connecting rivers and canals that all joined up into one large body of water in the middle. a golden pavilion floated in the middle, where there was only a single bridge connecting it back into the mainland. there were a few bridges scattered around, looking like a maze on top of the clear water. lan y/n could see, lounging underneath the shade of the pavilion, the clan leader of the lanling jin clan himself, jin guangshan, surrounded by many beauties wearing luxurious yellow robes, that he most likely provided for them to wear. guards were stationed on the other end of the bridge, probably to give him privacy with his mistresses.