thirty.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

AFTER STORMING OUT OF THE ANCESTRAL HALL, LAN Y/N FOUND REFUGE IN ONE OF THE MANY MAGNOLIA TREES THAT SURVIVED IN THE CLOUD RECESSES, CLIMBING UP ON ONE OF THE TALLEST ONES AND SITTING DOWN ON THE BRANCH.

most of the trees burned down during the initial attack launched by the wens, but the larger trees managed to make it through. it was a peaceful afternoon as lan y/n munched on an apple he picked up from the kitchen he passed by earlier. he really didn't want to deal with anyone right now, especially his family. one moment, he was being welcomed back with open arms, and now, he was probably going to get executed because of his earlier display. lan y/n inhaled deeply, holding back tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes. he shook his head and rested back on the tree. he tossed away the apple core and closed his eyes. "i wonder what huaisang's up to, i never told him i was leaving with his older brother." lan y/n muttered to himself, wanting to think about anything else other than his family. he closed his eyes, wanting to wander deep into his dreamland where no one could bother him.

but just before his mind could wander off into dreamland, he heard someone call for him. it sounded awfully close. "a-y/n." the voice called. for a brief moment, lan y/n thought it was his older brother, lan xichen, calling for him, but when he opened his eyes to look down, beneath the branches of the magnolia tree, he instead, saw his adoptive father, lan xiao, waving at him from below. the old man wore a warm smile on his face. lan y/n observed him from above. he generally looked all right, and unharmed, and he was walking around just fine. but one of his eyes had a bright red line running down from his forehead, then down to his cheek. a scar. lan y/n widened his eyes.

looking at his father, waving at him from below as a smile was painted on his lips reminded lan y/n of his childhood days, where he used to climb trees to escape the wrath of his uncle, only to go down when lan xiao called for him.