thirty-one.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

AFTER THAT HEARTFELT TALK HE SHARED WITH HIS FAMILY, HE COULD FINALLY BE AT PEACE WITH HIMSELF, KNOWING THAT THEY ACCEPTED HIM DESPITE HIS UNEARTHLY CULTIVATION PRACTICES.

news of his return to the clan spread around like wildfire, and while most of his juniors welcomed him back with warm smiles, his seniors, who definitely weren't fond of him and his newfound abilities, wasted no time in voicing out their displeasure at the thought of him returning to the clan whilst bringing along something wicked and evil inside him. still, he was allowed to attend military meetings upon the insistence of lan qiren and nie mingjue, who had unexpectedly grown used to having lan y/n by his side.

during the meeting, lan y/n instinctively stood by nie mingjue's side. he was still uncomfortable standing with his own clan after all. they've rejected his existence for nearly his entire life, so it'll take more than a few more days for him to properly adjust. the meeting with the other clan leaders went by rather smoothly, and despite jin guangshan's silence during the entire meeting, it was obvious to those around him that he was not fully on board with the campaign. as if he was just there only to test the waters, and see how far the sunshot campaign will go. the other clan leaders were the same. hesitation was obvious in their faces, and with the way, they interjected to the battle strategies presented by the nie clan and lan clans, it was clear that they were not ready to fully commit.

by the end of the meeting, lan y/n was assigned to retake jianghuai with his older brother, lan wangji. it was a land that was formerly part of the gusu lan's turf but sadly fell into the hands of the qishan wen clan during lan y/n's prolonged absence. with him, he would be by his brother's side as they would fight to retake the land of the people they swore to protect.

meanwhile, in order to prepare for the battle, "i said, these robes will do." lan y/n grunted with a forced smile on his lips. his uncle insisted that he changed back into the standard robes of the gusu lan clan, but lan y/n was stubborn in wanting to keep his current vesture. "then at least wear our clan's headband!" his uncle told him. "but i don't want to!" lan y/n whined childishly, trying to get away from his uncle's grasp.