twenty-seven.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

THE NIGHT WAS DARK AND CLOUDLESS, WITH NO MOON OR STARS TO LIGHT THE WAY.

a disciple from the qishan wen clan wandered around the quiet town, doing his rounds and making sure no one was creating any trouble. in his hands, he carried only a lantern that served as his light. he could hear nothing but his boots, which created clicking noises that echoed in the pavement. everything was still and the silence made him on edge for some reason. a shiver went up the wen disciple's spine as he saw the shadow of a figure dash past him. he snapped his head around, his eyes darting in every direction.

he felt as if his eyes were playing tricks with him as everywhere he looked as if shadows were dancing in the corner of his eyes, just barely escaping his gaze. he heard the whisper of a dark chuckle barely ghost in his ear, making him turn around.

he stopped in his tracks to look around. he didn't know when it had started, one moment he was walking around, doing his rounds as he always did, and the next, there were eerie shadows playing in the corner of his eye and voices he didn't even know existed or not. he swung his lantern around. "who's there?!" he yelled into the darkness. his voice bounced back to him in the form of an echo through the empty streets. he tried his hardest to hold in his panic as his hands trembled slightly.

he didn't hear a reply, just a giggle. soft and childish, did it sound in the disciple's ear. then, the sounds disappeared, as if they were never there, to begin with. he sighed, shaking his head as he forced himself to think that it was just a mere figment of his imagination, but then, he heard it again. except it sounded closer, darker, and murderous.

it grew louder and louder as he walked faster. his eyes shooting from one direction to another. beads of sweat began to drip down the side of his cheek. from the corner of his eye, he saw a crow take off into the night sky. the black feather of the bird slowly drifting down as if it were a bad omen.