[S1]Part 6 (Settling + Neighbours)

Guess what?? Yes, you are absolutely right!! A very common cliche!! There was only one queen-sized bed!!

Zara and Ojas had been awkward enough throughout the day. They were just tooooooooooo awkward now. They stared at each other, and after some time, cleared their throats. "You can sleep on the bed, I will sleep on the sofa," Ojas said after a long silence. "No. I will sleep on the sofa. It's fine. I have done that many times before. Okay???" "Depends..." Ojas answered. He continued, saying, "We both could sleep on the bed... It's not that small...." Zara answered with a simple 'No Need' and took her blanket and pillow to the sofa. "Why??? Are you worried I will do something to you???" Ojas asked. Zara replied with a short no and continued fixing the sofa. "Then are you worried you would not be able to control yourself?" He asked. Zara was shocked at his question. She looked at him, and said, "In my nightmares!!! I didn't think you were like this. Anyways... you can sleep now. Bad night." Ojas chuckled, and went to the bed, to sleep. He did think of picking her up and putting her on the bed but then thought that it would make things between them more awkward.

|After a month|

It was finally time for them to go to the contest venue!! Let's see this from Ojas's POV, shall we??

So I woke up early today because obviously, it was our big day today!! The mission was finally starting. But I saw that Zara had already woken up, and was getting ready (Like fixing her hair and wearing makeup not changing or anything don't worry!!). She saw me in the mirror, and said, "If you are done staring at my beautiful face, will you get ready??? We don't want to be late for our first day at the contest do we?? Sleepyhead!".

I was so shocked!! Like we have to reach there at 10:00. It's literally still 6:00. Like what??? Anyways I didn't want to start an argument, because I knew that she would win it. After all, she is 'Savage' and I wasn't really used to arguments, since no one had really argued with me. After some time, I got ready, and made my way to the living room, and saw Zara sitting there, eating her food. I found a plate beside her's and started eating. This happened like every day. But at least we became friends and were less awkward with each other than before... 

It was a part of our mission to make our neighbours our friends, so we had done that. The couple living below us was also taking part in this competition. An old couple is living on the floor above, they are very kind and helpful, but just become a bit scornful when it comes to 'couply' things. Like the other day, we were just having an apartment resident's get-together (The apartment only has three floors, and is very small.), and the other couple living below us were holding hands, and they were like 'Oh my god!! Children these days don't even have manners!! Why are you being all lovey-dovey in front of elders!!' But it is common in India, so I wasn't really shocked. Apart from that, they were very sweet to us (since we didn't really display any affection) and also made food for us the day we shifted, since they thought we must be tired from shifting and traveling all day. 

I was thinking about all this when I suddenly heard Zara gasping. I looked at her and asked her what was wrong. She looked at me with nervous eyes, and said "I just realized, my grandparents live in Pune! And they watch the channel 'Mazha Maharashtra' (the channel on which their couple show was being aired), I haven't told them about this mission (like obviously) what if they watch us? What if they get to know about all this? Even if they don't watch the show, they are going to get to know from the ads, since they said that all the seven couples participating in the show will be shown in the ad!! Plus this is going to be aired on t.v!!" while biting her lips. I looked at her, while slowly chewing my food, and trying to process whatever she said.