[S2]Part 19 (One week holiday)

Part 19

Let's have a quick recap of whatever happened in the previous season - There was a terrorist attack in Pune, hence Zara and Ojas were appointed to stop a bigger attack that the same terrorists were planning to do. So, they entered a couple's show as a love marriage couple. There, they found cameras, because of which they had to cuddle while sleeping (as they had mentioned that they do in a question's answer), which lead to new feelings rising inside them. But they shrugged them off and concentrated on the mission. Suddenly, after a path full of plot twists, they managed to kill the main criminal and get all the other terrorists under her arrested.

Now, back to the story...

So now, they had to write a report together on this mission. It had to be finished within 3 days. So, they sat together, worked hard, and finished it. They handed it in, to their Boss (Mr. Prasad). After seeing their work, he was (of course) impressed. After finishing a mission, in their agency, they usually got some time off as for rest. So now, they had a one-week holiday. They decided to go and spend time with their families. Out of curiosity, Zara asked Ojas, what he'll be doing for the next week.

Zara's POV

He answered, "Hmmm I think I'll be spending time with my grandparents. What about you?". I said, "Same!!". Then added jokingly, "But your parents? Won't they feel bad? As their son doesn't love them anymore?". But my teasing smile suddenly dropped as I heard Ojas say, "Haha nope they won't because they don't even want me to visit them so soon. Why will they want their son to die and reach heaven, right? And about the loving part, I only love my dad...". Oh, gosh!! I felt so bad!! Zara!! You should stop this habit of yours!! I quickly said, "I- I am so so sorry!! I d-didn't know!". He chuckled and said, "It's fine. Of course you didn't know. Btw, I could say the same about you then... Won't your parents think that way?". I lowered my head, and said, "Well my situation is similar to yours. Just that I love my mom only not my dad...".

Ojas's POV

I immediately regretted asking that question. I didn't wanna open up wounds. I lifted her face by putting my finger below her chin, and looked in her eyes, only to see them glistening with tears. I immediately apologized, and she chuckled, saying, "It's fine... You didn't know either.". I smiled and immediately realised what I did, and removed my hand from below her chin, clearing my throat. I cursed myself mentally for making her awkward. She chuckled softly, and said, "It's fine you didn't mean it...", and went away from there. I decided to get my mind off that and called my paternal grandparents. Aaji (Grandma) picked the phone up. Our convo~

Aaji: Hello?

Me: Yeah, hello Aaji!! How are you?

Aaji: I am doing fine... how are you, Ojas?

Me: Completely fine. I just finished another mission and prevented a terrorist attack from happening in Pune. Isn't that amazing?

Aaji: Really? Wow!! My Ojas has really grown up. Haha!! Very good!

Me: Haha yes. So Aaji, where is Aajoba (Grandpa)? As far as I know, he is the one who usually picks up the landline number...

Aaji: Oh-oh that... actually *cough* he has just gone to use the *voice crack* washroom. And you know how long it takes for him right? Haha so, *cough* I decided to pick the call up instead of making the person who is calling wait.

Me: Ohh o-okay. But are you fine? Why were you coughing?

Aaji: Oh, come on!! Stop being so paranoid!! At this age, it is completely normal to cough between conversations...

Me: Hmm that's also right... So I wanted to tell you, that I am coming there to meet you. That's fine right?

Aaji: Ha?? No!! I mean- actually Ojas, *cough* we were actually having a get-together at our house with all our old friends for over weeks. For that, we also hired another maid... So now, if we decide to cancel the plans, she will not give us our money back... So *cough* instead of wasting money, let's meet some other time?

Me: Oh... Ummm o-okay... sure.. so I'll call you later then... .

Aaji: Y-yes dear bye...

I was a bit shocked. 'Cause usually, my grandparents are ready to cancel all their plans to meet me. But okay... Another thing that was suspicious was, that my grandmother always tries to cough, whenever she is lying so that she has time to think of something instead of stuttering her way through. But I must have misunderstood... because first of all, why would she lie to me? Second of all, I haven't met her in 2 years... so it might be because of her age...