[S1]Part 7 (Starting of the program)

(We are still in Ojas's POV)

I looked at her, while slowly chewing my food, and trying to process whatever she said. 

After I finally understood, I gulped my morsel of food, and said, "Then how about you tell them about it?" Zara looked at me in disbelief, and said, "Right... Of course, I will tell them. Because it doesn't matter if this is a top-secret mission, we don't need our senior's permission before doing something like this do we?? No!! I am not at all surprised to hear this from a senior field officer's mouth!!" I facepalmed myself, and looked at her apologetically (not pouting or anything in case you were wondering), and said "Sorry, I forgot. How about, I call the boss and ask him about this?? But then it won't be easy to call him and tell him. What if someone is tracking our phones? No, but then we would have known. Plus we have high-tech phones. But still, what if someone must be listening to us?? Like we can't whisper on our phones right?? Okay we will do one thing, we will try and speak with him as if he is our friend, and tell him in that way. Hopefully, he will understand. I am sure he will. He is not our senior for no reason right??" Zara looked at him and smiled. 

She said, "Yes we can do that. By the way, why were you speaking to yourself like that?? Have you escaped out of the mental hospital or something?" I stared at her with my cold eyes and finished the staring contest with an eye roll. But, I heard her voice again and looked up. I had ignored many people before in my life, because of my cold personality, but I don't know why, I just can't get myself to ignore her. She said, "Roll your eyes just a little bit more, and you will find your long-lost friends called 'Common sense' and 'Brain'.". She started laughing. I scoffed. But it was nice to see her laugh like that. I finished eating and immediately called Mr. Prasad. I tried talking to him as if we were friends, and of course, he understood. Our conversation -

Mr. Prasad: Yes?

Me - Yes, actually, dude, we had a problem

Mr. Prasad - Which is?

Me - So you know I married Zara right? But her parents don't know, and now we are going to a show too...

Mr. Prasad - Ah yes!! So you can actually do one thing, call her parents for a private meeting, in our center, that is there in Pune, and go to one of the soundproof rooms there. And explain the whole situation there. It's fine this time.

Me - Thanks, bro!!

So yeah... Then I told this to Zara, and we both went to the center of our agency in Pune and explained everything to her grandparents. Her grandparents were shocked, but they were fine with it. After all, they were patriots. We reached the program venue, and the function started. We were told to sit on the stage, but when we looked on the stage, what we saw shocked us. Like literally all girls were sitting on their husband's/boyfriend's laps. Zara looked at me in shock, while I thought to myself, 'Please let this be a dream, we have been awkward enough!!'. I comforted myself by lines such as 'As a part of our job', 'For the country'. When I finally got out of my thoughts, I saw Zara smirking at me. I wondered what the reason was, but when she sat on my lap, I got to know. She was literally so heavy!! Like okay, she wasn't that heavy, but, heavier than expected. She looked like a stick though!! Muscle weight, I guess... 

Anyways, then the event started. The host, unfortunately, noticed how awkward and uncomfortable we were looking with each other, and asked us what was wrong. (We are experienced spies, but this was something different, and even if we had done something like this during training, this was just different it brought a weird feeling in my stomach. Butterflies I guess? But I shrugged it off). Before I could say anything, Zara said, "No no!! the thing is, we haven't really displayed public affection so much...". The host understood, and said, "Ahhh... It's fine, I can understand, but at least hug her waist, Advik!!" (The host was older than us). 

I nodded and hugged her waist. Placing my chin on her shoulder, I whispered a small sorry in her ears (we weren't given any mics yet). We got our mics. Our names - Advik and Aakriti were engraved onto the mics. Wow!! They must have had a huge budget for this attack I thought. Since Zara was sitting on my lap, It became easier for me to look around and not get noticed easily. I started looking around, trying to find anything suspicious.