CH2 - Proposal

Gabbie's POV

"Gab, if you need anything just tell us, okay? We'll find a way to help you," Leia, my friend since high school, offered while pressing her hand on mine. We are currently in one of the parks here in the university.

We are forth-year university students majoring in Film and Creative Media Arts and if you'd ask how far our journey went, it was the rockiest road ever! We've been through thick and thin just to continue until graduation. You know studying has been difficult for everyone but in a different hardship to students who barely afford it. But this is my dream school and dream course for my dream career in my countless reveries so even how terrible the path opened to me, I managed to walk through.

I smiled at her. "Thank you. My father's boss already took care of all our hospital needs so don't worry." When talking about social status, we are same striving hard to survive. Leia also has current problems to settle so I won't bother asking for help. Her presence is enough for me, as well as the man beside us sitting.

"I could sell my bike Gabgab and start my daily walking exercise," he said gleefully. I just gave him a chuckle because I won't definitely allow that either. His bike is one of his most precious belongings.

He is Kiel, another childhood friend. I knew him before Leia and we are as close, too if not closer. All my life, I always felt protected by his company. He had been my savior and my first love.

But of course, no one is aware of my long-term feelings for him. He is so special to me that I can't risk a confession that might only destroy the priceless bond that we have. Most of all, Kiel deserves so much more. Him, having the best life and best woman to be with is far important to me than wanting to be his. He has given me more than enough care that I can't afford to ask for more.

I shook my head still wearing my smile of thankfulness. "I am really ok. I just think I am gonna have to find a job, you know some sort of part-time, we still have a year before graduation so yeah. But trust me I can do this," I assured raising my arm and fist. They just smiled and joined my gesture to strengthen my fighting spirit.

.

After class, I received a text message from my Mom saying we will be going to Mr. Evans' office as he ordered us to. I did not ask any more questions as I already know what this is all about—the financial support that we'll be provided with. I went straight to where it is without dropping home. I still carry my school bag but it's not an issue though.

I, and my mother met up at the lobby of their company. We waited there for some time before a man in his ironed black suit and tie came and led us up to the CEO's hub.

On our way, I can't help myself but roam my eyes around. This company is such a luxury. Everyone's wearing formal clothes and walking with all confidence. It would probably feel nice to work here. You could really feel the pride.

"You're here! Come, sit," And now we have arrived to the most guarded floor. It never came to my mind before that one day, I'll be stepping inside this office facing the Evans' highest seat. Mr. Alejandro offered us to sit on one of the sofas as he followed sitting on the master's. Not so long when a female employee knocked and entered with three cups of coffee.

"Thank you," he uttered still holding his felicitous eyes and the woman bowed to him and us before leaving.

Bliss and excitement are visible on his face. We did not say much and just do what was being asked. In a situation like this, when a poor low-class meets with one of the richest men, everything goes to his side as we are always the ones being favored and should be honored.

"Uhm, I will not be delaying anything and will go straight to the point," he started and made a quick glance first to my Mom and then on me. That one-second-gaze gave me a strange feeling and I swear it's not a good one. Why am I nervous all of a sudden?

"Actually, I've been thinking about this since yesterday and I believe it would be a great deal to both of our families. You know Mr. Sanchez was close to my heart. He is a good man with great principles in life and seeing you both made me confirm that. He had preserved a well-mannered family," he paused for a while and looked somewhere as if still deciding on something.

I peered at my Mom who is so attentive to what is Mr. Evans implying. I can see her reactions getting edgy. Even I can't seem to fathom what it is.

"Remember the award I was mentioning before that I promised to give you?" His voice this time became solid and straight, insinuating something that only he knows at this moment.

My mother nodded in response and I gasped when Mr. Evans turned his eyes on me. "I want to offer a marriage," and then he brought back his attention to my Mom's reaction. She was definitely so shocked but I guarantee, not to the extent of mine. I have never been appalled my whole life as how I am at this point. What I just heard was the least I expected.

"Ah w-what was it again Mr. Evans?" My mother cleared her throat for that sentence.

"Marriage," he repeated.

"M-Marriage of...you mean, my daughter?" My mother was trying to sink the offer as she turned to me and held my hand quickly.

Mr. Evans simply smiled. "Yes."

I gulped even harder. Are we hearing it right? This is perhaps a joke, isn't it? But is this man unmarried? Does he really offer marriage to me? Like, he seems to be in his 50s and I can literally be his daughter!

Wait, is he a pervert?!

Due to the unpleasant and uncomfortable air between us, he then realized it and suddenly laughed out loud. And we, as confused as we are, still cannot get the gist of the plan. My eyebrow twitched with the scene of him having his best life right now.

"Oh I am sorry, I think you are getting the wrong idea here." He then halt his laughter and made everything a little less subtle. "I am offering a marriage between your daughter and my son," and it was then all the mixed emotions and images on my mind froze in place.

🔸🔸🔸

What do you think will happen? What do you feel about Mr. Evans? Leave me your thoughts! 😉

💜💜