CH38 - Thoughts

3rd Person's POV

The film majors went for a night party after the successful program. But Gabbie was not feeling very well so she was sent home early. Also, the fact that her classmates' glares are darting at her big time, she just couldn't feel comfortable. Leia was so pouty when she knew her friend was not gonna join the celebration but couldn't make her stay either, especially when she knew about her friend's pregnancy.

Gabbie went home but didn't stay in her room, instead, went to the dock where she might find some peace of mind. The sun is beautifully seen in that area and is about to set now.

The girl knew this plan to meet up with Nicole will tear her heart to pieces. But she wanted to know the truth that she's been deprived of ever since day one.

Why was she forced to marry Xander?

What is the mission she needs to accomplish?

Who is Nicole Smith for Xander?

The answers to the former two questions might not come from Nicole but the last one is sure she knows. Asking that would be her biggest regret because the answer is pretty much obvious.

But Xander treats her so nicely, Xander calls her his love, Xander is so caring to her that she is getting very confused and scared at the same time that her feelings will give in. She is starting to love the man.

And the baby, she is going to have a baby that she needs to protect. At least knowing the truth and knowing where to stand would be enough. She caressed her tummy and slid a tear from her eyes. She has become very emotional these past days.

"Are you ok there, dear?" Pauline came. Gabbie wiped her tear away in a flash to welcome her with gaiety.

"Yes, I am." The newly arrived sat beside Gabbie as they both observe the fascinating colors of the sun.

"You bothered by something? I can see you're thinking deeply," she started, fixing her attention on the fragile woman.

"I-I'm ok, Pauline. The view here is just overwhelmingly beautiful." Pauline held her both hands, locking them between hers. She smiled at the lady.

"You can tell me anything, my dear. I am always here for you, you know, it's been 20 years and I am literally always here," she pokes a joke to perk her up and it was effective somehow.

Gabbie giggled and held back Pauline's hands on her. Eventually, her giggle turned into a sob in an instant. Pauline's expression deviated quickly to worry due to it. She held Gabbie's hands even tighter.

"I...," Gabbie fought all the negativities to mass up some vigor. "I am pregnant," she revealed and her tears again flowed down like a waterfall. She must tell this now, even just to her. Pauline widen her eyes in surprise but quickly smiled so wide like she heard the greatest of all the news she had heard for the past 20 years.

"Oh my God! That was such a great news. I pray for you all the goodness in this world, my dear!" The maid exclaimed in too much glee. "But, does Xander know?" she inquired and that bent Gabbie's head. "You didn't tell him yet?"

The lady shook her head. "I can't."

"But why? That would be so nice. I'm sure he will be the happiest man ever!" Gabbie now brought back her eyes to Pauline. "I am getting more excited than you, you see?" She is squealing that is slowly bringing back Gabbie's guts.

"You think so? That he'll be happy about it? That he'll accept us both with the baby?" she innocently but genuinely questioned and Pauline couldn't help but chuckle at how oblivious Gabbie could get.

"Trust me, my dear. Xander will be a hundredfold happier than I am right now. So, ease your worries. You're being so sad for nothing. You want your baby to be sad, too?"