CH17 - Fear

3rd Person's POV

The sunlight woke Gabbie up from deep sleep. Her body recognized the pain from different parts of her body, particularly on her left cheek. Touching her face unleashed all the memories of her getting kidnapped and so she gasped and sat up in a flash.

Am I saved? Where am I? I am not familiar with this place. She thought to herself while roaming her eyes around the big but unfussy bedroom. And then she remembered a scene of her looking up to a blurry man that resembled Xander.

Wait, is he Xander? Then am I in his room?

Out of shock, she climbed out of the bed but before she could sneak her way out, a note on the side table together with a covered bowl, glass of water, and a certain medicine stopped her feet. She does not want to assume that those are for her because it is near impossible knowing how cold and cruel Xander is. But the fact that she is in his room gave her a shade of hope and without further shilly-shallying, she walked towards it.

'Eat the porridge and take this medicine to relieve your pain.'

Her lips smeared a smile upon reading the context. It was like all her physical pain were vanished already without doing anything. But some realization hit her again as she shook her head in retreat. Was I flattered with this?

For the past few days, Gabbie's mind was having endless thoughts about Xander and she cannot openly accept that. This marriage was never intended and Xander said himself that he never treated her as a fiance. All is business, negotiation, agreement. So why does she have to care about whether Xander is doing fine, eating healthy, arrived home, feeling happy, and whatsoever? Gabbie wanted to wrack her skull every time she would have those thoughts but here she is again, smiling like an idiot for just a simple note.

But there's porridge too! And medicine! So it's quite touching. Yeah, that's just her lonely soul spouting.

.

"She's awake!" a maid from the outside shrieked and all other maids stopped their tasks and went to her.

"Ma'am, are you ok?" the other one asked.

She nodded quickly to ease their worries. "Thank you for looking after me."

"We did nothing much, Ms. Sanchez. Sir Xander took care of you the whole night. He even instructed us not to let you go to school today." Right! Today is Wednesday and she should be at school. "Rest for today, Ms. Sanchez." She would love to rest today, too since the incident was pretty much traumatizing. No one asked but she was locked in that basement since afternoon that day. She was just walking along with the school gate when a black-colored van took her and pressed a cloth on her nose that made her feel nauseous and to her despair, she's already in that dark place when she woke up.

But what took a toll on her more was when she met the man who was behind the hideous crime. He told her that she should pay for what happened to his son and there she knew what triggered the kidnapping. She was lost and hopeless that someone will know where she is or be saved. She even received a slap that knocked the consciousness out of her.

Just the thoughts of that long day sent shivers down her spine. She is indebted again to Xander but baking cupcakes to thank him will not do this time. He literally saved her life and she promised to herself, she will never forget that.

.

She stayed at home like directed and spent her day talking to the maids who joyfully served her and chatted with her. They are comfortable with each other because this is the first time someone in the house asked about their families, their life outside the mansion, and other things that they never knew they needed to unravel. Gabbie understands all situations and miseries they share because, like them, Gabbie also suffers with her life.