CH6 - Threat

Gabbie's POV

After class, two days after the incident in the Evans' mansion, I rushed to Mr. Evans' office when I heard he came back already. Fortunately, I got appointed immediately when I made the secretary in the front desk call to the CEO's office. After five minutes of waiting in the lobby, I was escorted towards him.

"Yes, come in, Ms. Sanchez. It was a surprise you came today. Should I expect some big news from you?" he pronounced while welcoming me and making me sit down on the couch but I refused to.

"I will make this quick Mr. Evans since I know you're also busy with other appointments but I want to say, I refuse the marriage proposal," I bravely stated but his reaction didn't even flinch instead, he just sipped from the tea that's already on his table.

I waited for what he'll say. He is currently looking somewhere else as he made a deep gulp on his drink before he faced me. My heart started to thump heavily again and the strength I stored before coming here is now slowly fading away. I don't know what is in him that he can easily sip away my energy every time.

"You seem to have decided already Ms. Sanchez. Is there no other way that I could possibly change your mind?"

"No, Sir." I wanted to tell him how his son treated me the other night and that alone made me tremble in fear in thinking I'd live with that kind of man.

"You know Ms. Sanchez, I really like you for my son and this made me very disappointed."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Sir. But I really can't accept the marriage." He nodded to that as he puts his thumb and index finger below his chin.

"But what about your family? You are a college student and you have a brother that will go to college soon."

"Don't worry about that, Sir. We can take care of our family. I can get a scholarship for my remaining year in college. I can also find some part-time jobs to support my brother in high school and when I graduate, I can find a stable job for his college education."

"It seems you already planned your life and it's wonderful. But.." The change of his demeanor was so abrupt that made me prance back unnoticed. He continued, now with full domination, "plans are meant to be unfulfilled. The more you plan, the more you'd have a different path to take. I can see the path very difficult." The way he mentioned those words gave me chills. He isn't the Mr. Evans who would wear his fake smiles all the time, not anymore. "I would make sure that I would be that difficult path." At this point, the mask of him is nowhere to be seen. He is the real him, eyes glaring and teeth-gritting.

He sniggered at my reaction. "What if I told you in just one call, I can make your name banned to all the scholarship programs out there? What if I told you that anywhere you work, I can find you and make you fired on an instant?"

"You are a demon. I would never get attached to your family. You and your son are the same!" I am now quivering in abhorrence. This is not happening. No, this can't be happening.

He laughed evilly. "I heard your mother is a fragile woman. Oh and your brother, too! I know he is so dear to you. Is he doing fine these days?"

"A-Are you..are you threatening me now?"

He then snapped on it. "You're smart!"

"Don't you dare lay a finger on my family. We did nothing to you. My father even saved your life!"

"Right, your father. He was a good man though. If not him I would be dead by now. That is why I am so grateful and offered you this marriage. You see, this proposal would benefit your family the biggest. You can now get out of your poor state in a blink of an eye. So why so stubborn?"

"We don't need it," I still strongly uttered even though I am so scared inside.

"Would you let your father die, too?"

My eyes got wide as I placed both my hands on top of my mouth, refusing to believe what I'm hearing.

He continued, "Why? You think I'm the type of person who will hold so much appreciation just because he saved me once? I ain't that soft, darling. In fact, I could kill him now and manipulate the media saying he isn't strong enough to hold on. Actually, his existence will ruin my reputation if the news comes out. I got someone almost killed on my stead and that is not very much pleasing to hear from the public. So maybe I could just kill him before the public will know."

"You son of a bitch! You rot in hell!" I am now a crying mess. "Why are you so desperate to make me marry your fucking son?"

"I told you, I really like you for him. It's like I found his perfect match. Come on, Ms. Sanchez, think of the long years that your father worked for me, those long years that I am basically the financer of your family. I basically raised you and your brother with my money. Can't you help me this much, too? It's just a simple request and the advantage on your side is unimaginable. You'd become the wealthiest woman in this entire world. Are you even thinking when you refused?"

"Something is not right. You are threatening me and that's enough to conclude you have another intention. You can't fool me with the riches you have. I still value my life to risk it."

"I never intend to get that far by threatening you of killing your family. But I had no choice, Ms. Sanchez. I thought you'd agree on a snap but I was wrong of you. You are not that kind of person, I see. But you know what? I liked you even more now and I'm more desperate too. You are the one I've been looking for." I was not understanding anything right now.

"The deal is still effective. Marry my son or lose everyone in your family."

🔸🔸🔸

What do you think is the true reason behind this marriage offer? Could there be a deeper one or is Mr. Alejandro just loves to play around with his power?

🧡🧡