CH65 - Final

3rd Person's POV

Bribery, embezzlement, tax evasion, and murder are the crimes announced by the judge under the defendants, Clyde Evans and Jameson Nicholson. They cannot get away with those crimes as strong evidence was passed to the court. Until the very end, the two partners in crime are two partners in prison.

Xander was the one to submit it all on that night when he knew about the real cause of Gabbie's miscarriage. The case lasted for two months but in the end, Clyde and Jameson didn't win. Eight months ago, during Xander's medication that seemed like a siesta for his nemesis, he gathered information about how Clyde manages the company with the help of his driver that also became his only assistant left. Worse luck, Clyde, that smarty-pants took advantage of his power to gain more profit even if it's going illegal.

The doctor who was bribed to hide the true cause of Gabbie's miscarriage was also penalized and his license was cut off for good. Xander couldn't spare it, he just couldn't. He was merciful enough not to get the doctor jailed but that's the limit for him. Pauline stood as one of the witnesses of Jameson's involvement in the case as he was the one who told her to give the tea to Gabbie. Pauline trusted him enough to believe that it was from Xander, said by him.

On the other side of the warship, Clyde was the one who was informing Niki about certain things Gabbie likes and the model was counted into their plans without her knowing. Clyde took pictures of Gabbie visiting Niki's house and sent them to Xander. The two manipulated everybody by making their grudge toward Xander the fuel to start the fire. Clyde was also the one who called Niki by phone, spoofing a sad tone of voice while informing her about the death of Gabbie's child.

.

Xander returned to the company as the Chairman and the highest man in the world of business. He reigned as the smartest leader of all of the international entrepreneurs and the Evans Company expanded even more in just a short span of two years.

Gabbie continued her career as a scriptwriter and she now published three successful books in the market and is also about to write the script of a highly-produced movie. She's living her dreams and also living with the man of her dream. There's no more for her to ask so she was living the happiest despite difficulties from time to time. She learned so much in life that she's now capable of slaying any rock that blocks her path. Well, in a justified manner. She was not raised to be violent, you know.

"Ms. Sanchez, the director wants to see you," the assistant director called and she complied forthwith. She went straight to the directors' office and was so aghast to see Nicole Smith in there.

"Hi Gabbie," she greeted, wide smile as usual.

"Ms. Smith told us you are her fan so we're giving you this opportunity. A special giveaway, hahaha!" The director convulsed with proud laughter, thinking it was so nice of him to award the writer. Gabbie only painted a terse smile and went inside as advised.

"Don't be so surprised, Ms. Gabbie. I just wanna talk with you. Shall we have some coffee?"

"Here?"

"No, maybe there's some private coffee area here. You know, we're close enough to have a chatter, right?"

"I didn't know you met her already, Ms. Sanchez," the director now said in a disappointed tone.

"We had a project together before."

"Oh, I see."

Gabbie then lent Niki a glance. "Sure! Let's have some coffee," she agreed and the two went somewhere private as how the model described.

"So, have you received my latest mail?" she inquired, setting off the conversation and Gabbie could only look at her with utter skepticism.

"Ok, so you are the one who's sending me those photos?"