CH42 - Battle

Gabbie's POV

"I've got my diplomaaa!!"

"Ahhh!!!" I and Leia held each other's hands while shrieking and jumping in the air. Finally, I've got it after long summer nights of continuous hard work. Now, I am a graduate and that feels so nice.

We had a small celebration in the house. The guest is only Leia and Josh. Of course, Gwyneth and Garry are here, too. They cannot possibly miss this important day of my life.

I have lived my life to the fullest. I was blessed with so many precious moments together with my family and friends. These moments never cross my mind to pursue anymore since I married, but no, they still came through and I couldn't be happier.

My father could wake up very soon, says the doctor. Leia and Josh were hired by a big entertainment company and they're now rookie filmmakers. Garry is about to start schooling after a two-month vacation. He even joined the football varsity of the university. Gwyneth and I had so much time to know each other more. Some nights, we would choose to stay awake to become raconteurs of lots of memories. Everyone is there for me that never once did I feel miserable. I am happy.

The celebration lasted the whole day. We were so excited that a neighbor may tell we are a dozen in here but we aren't even half.

I am mostly like this; laughing and talking like tomorrow is uncertain. But at times, I also want to be alone to meditate on my plans. I cannot hide from the truth forever. It's the veracity that I am still married and I should go back soon.

At times, I think I still have a chance to work for a divorce. I have not heard from Xander ever since I left the mansion so maybe the time and space we lent to each other helped us realize what we really wanted. Xander could also be living his best life and may also have figured out that he doesn't need to be married anymore.

A day after I got my diploma, I was just sitting leisurely outside the house. We have a small patio here outside the terrace and it's my favorite spot in this place. We are staying at the house Mr. Alejandro gave to my family and by now, we should be thinking about where to stay if ever I'll push on canceling my marriage. But at this moment, we can't leave this place or else, the Evans might think we're trying to run away. But my father is still in their care so whatever happens, we can't possibly stay out from their fences.

"You must be thinking deeply," a strange voice came to me and I was so astonished when I saw Clyde coming this way.

I stood up to face him. What is he doing here? Without saying anything, he sat on a chair in front of me, a small round table between us. "Is it so surprising to see me here? Well, the guards recognized me and easily lets me in. I am a family anyways."

"What are you doing here?" I welcomed him with that note and I also sat again.

"I came to visit a cousin-in-law of course."

"No, you're here for something else."

"How amazing. Have you learned to be so conscious of anyone after living as Evans' wife? I'm really sorry, Mrs. Evans. It must have been so hard for you."

"Go straight to the point. What do you want?"

"Actually I am sincerely here to see how you're doing. You have experienced a loss and it's heartbreaking for me, too."

"I'm fine now."

"You sure? It's ok, Mrs. Evans. You don't have to pretend ok if you're not. Everyone understands your situation."

"Thank you for your sympathy but I am really doing fine."

"Then, that's good to hear. I really don't have any bad intentions, Mrs. Evans. Actually, I feel bad for you for having to go through that pain."