CH5 - Hatred

3rd Person's POV

"Let's get married."

He pronounced as if none important, as if marrying someone would cost him nothing.

"Why are you so dazed? Isn't that the reason why you agreed to come here?"

Gabbie is now even more unable to speak. His tone was intimidating.

"Or do you want to know more about me first?" He leaned on his chair as he fixed his coat and spoke, "As you can see, I am very capable that I can lift your status to the top of the world in just a second," he scoffed.

No, it was not intimidating, rather insulting.

"If you're curious about my education, my family background, skills, hobbies, and all, I am assuring you, I am more than what you expect."

Gabbie could not believe what she is hearing. From the way he talked, his words, and even his expressions, she could not be more certain of her decision in the first place. She isn't marrying at this time, and definitely not this man.

"Or maybe you're curious if I can give you the best sex, or if I can give you child..."

"Stop." Gabbie is now in her greatest sense. The boastful attitude towards her brought back her blood circulation. This man is a jerk, that's for sure. Being married to him would be a life of hell. "First of all, I never said I agree to the marriage," she unclogged and that made Xander raise his left eyebrow. "I am actually here to turn down the offer so I don't have to hear any more about you. I am here on the thoughts of meeting your father just to say I don't agree on the wedding but I only knew earlier that he was not around. So I think I have no other reason to stay here. I'm leaving." She intended to end the interaction but Xander was not having it and as soon as Gabbie stood up, he spoke.

"After accepting all the services offered to you, you're just gonna leave?" he scowled, not making a glance at Gabbie instead, he opened the wine and poured the two empty glasses on the table.

"I will have this dry-cleaned and bring it all back to you as soon as--."

"Sit," Xander cut her words and authoritatively ordered her while casting her the look now.

Gabbie gulped at how intense the stare is and unconsciously, with a retort that her voluntary senses made her respond though it was definitely not the case, she sat obediently facing the man.

"How dare you walk out without my permission! Remember you're at my place," he said gritting his teeth. The situation is getting scarier for Gabbie. "And, how dare you refuse marriage to me! Who do you think you are to turn me down?" His eyes are scorching and all Gabbie could do was tremble in fear. Several possibilities run through her mind such as being trapped here, being a hostage, or worst, killed. She discreetly made a glance at the door and imagined what could be waiting for her outside when she'll try to run away. Sweat starts to form from her forehead, her hands are dead-cold, and her heart is pounding nonstop. Is this the end of her?!

Xander grinned at this view. He liked it when he succeed in threatening someone to death. But the play was getting too quick so he withdraw his blazing eyes and turned it smiling this time. "Don't be so scared, Miss Gabriella, I won't eat you alive," he feigned and toasted his wine still eyeing her. Gabbie just heard that sentence earlier and it sent her more shivers.

"I heard your father's in a coma," he changed the topic and that made Gabbie's fear turn to something else. When talking about her family, she instantly becomes braver. "You need money for his bills. My father is offering you so much of favor for you to just throw away. Think about your family. You wouldn't want them to starve just because their eldest child played VIP and turned down marriage to the Evans' heir."