CH34 - Loved

3rd Person's POV

The house was silent when Xander arrived home. He arrived particularly late tonight because he cannot find the courage to go home and see Gabbie clad with her innocent eyes. He can't bear thinking of the fact that he is hiding crucial news from her especially when he knew that the information would probably ease the long-term hole in her heart.

Yet, even though he avoided seeing Gabbie, she is still the first person he thought of when he stepped inside the mansion. He missed her so much.

Gabbie has not yet resided in her room because she felt like doing some pastries again. She cannot sleep because something unknown is bugging her. She is in the kitchen alone when Xander came there. He just knew where she is.

They met eyes and Gabbie smiled at him, "Hi!" she said while mixing some dough.

Xander didn't respond and sat by the stool facing the woman. He was planning to watch her do her thing. That would be enough for him to ease his anxiousness. Gabbie let him sit there as if she has a right not to let him sit there. He owns everything here, but Gabbie was a bit embarrassed to be watched while getting busy.

"You wanna help?" she inquired but the man shook his head.

"Last time I helped, I destroyed everything." He chuckled at the thought of failure.

"Then what do you want to do?" she asked and Xander looked up to her since he is sitting and Gabbie isn't. "You look so bored," she continued.

Xander sneaked a smile. He must be looking so down right now for Gabbie to notice. "There's not much I wanna do."

"Hmm, then let me think of any," Gabbie now withdraws her hold of the spatula as she starts to recommend activities for Xander. "Do you want to watch a movie?" that's the last of it and she beamed with the idea.

"Will you join me?"

"I'm already cleaning up," she said, pertaining to her baking stuff.

Xander smiled again and got very much enlivened and so as the girl. She likes movies, she is a film major, after all.

"Why are you being considerate all of a sudden?" While Gabbie is washing her used utensils, he asked.

"There was never a time that I got inconsiderate of you," she simply stated that made the man shut up. That's right though, she has been obeying everything even if it would hurt her. Xander felt so shit again.

Gabbie finished her work and faced the man. "Let's go watch some movie," she seemed so thrilled and Xander didn't waste any second also. He stood up and they both went to the second floor.

"But wait, where should we watch?" the girl asked, realizing they have different rooms.

"My room has bigger TV. My room has more movies stored, and my room is larger," he flexed so Gabbie rolled her eyes in defeat.

"Ok, let's watch in your room," and they went to the man's room. It was not her first time stepping there but she howbeit felt conscious. She walked towards the couch facing the TV while Xander went straight to his movie collections.

"What movie is best to watch today?"

"It's up to you," Gabbie felt so awkward all of a sudden and was racking her brain on why she thinks of watching a movie out of the blue. But of course, she still acted as if everything is normal so there won't be any problems.

"50 Shades Freed, you want?" Xander asked and if Gabbie was drinking something at that moment, she would have spilled it all on the tile.

"Uhmm that's..." she couldn't answer, what the hell!