CH32 - Choice

3rd Person's POV

Xander barged into his father's office without any notice. He doesn't care. He even beat up some guards that tried to stop him. His father was staying in his hidden place an hour distant at a regular speed from the Evans public-known mansion. But Xander arrived there less than half an hour.

His father sensed something bad already from the way his son came that almost tore down the walls. "Explain to me, everything," he commanded without a bit of respect. His father wasn't moved at all and sat there on his chair as comfortably as before.

"What is there to explain?" he asked. Xander knew that his father knew he was coming that is why he didn't even winced when he came uninvited.

Fuck Brandon!

"That was right, Brandon fucking harassed Gabbie's mother eight years ago. I was the one who took care of the case that's why until now, Gwyneth hasn't found the suspect," he explained without a scrap of conscience. "But I see, they've met." Now he seemed distraught.

"Why must you do that? Why must you tie our family to her family? Was it to keep an eye on them? To prevent them from making it public how dirty the Evans are?" he questioned while forming his fists.

"That's right! I have to save Brandon or else we're doomed, too! Thank me instead Xander because I decided to marry her daughter to you and not kill them altogether."

Xander hissed, "That's what I'm curious about, too. Why not get rid of them in the beginning so I won't be able to lie at my wife for the rest of my life!"

"Brandon begged for me. He begged for that woman's life. That bastard," he whispered that last words towards his great right-hand. "I told you, getting attached to anybody will not cause you good. I can't lay a finger to Gwyneth and her family for Brandon's sake. You know my life is all about business. It would be a huge downfall for us if Brandon blows the whistle. So the only option is to marry you to Gwyneth's daughter. In that way, we can easily manipulate their family."

"Do you think you can stop them from seeking justice just because Gabbie is married to me?"

"That's why you have to control that woman in your palms. I leave that to you, son. You don't know how far I went through just to make her accept the marriage."

"What do you mean?" Xander furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you think it was easy to convince that darn lady? She was not like any other girls who would be sparked by money."

"Then what did you do?" Xander is becoming so edgy as the conversation progresses. He had no idea of the happenings and that make him want to bang his head again.

"I threatened her, of course. I gave my words to kill her precious family if she'll ever decline my offer," he admits and that made Xander stupefied. He is starting to lose track and lose strength.

"Did you really believe she's a gold-digger, too like that Niki? Well, no! And hell was that!" Mr. Alejandro throws hand in the air.

"Stop it, I can't listen anymore." All the things he did, the words he spoke, the mistakes he committed towards Gabbie just because he thought he was getting used again now break his skull in complete torture.

He is a total jerk and no one can ever fight that back. His wife never used him, his father used Gabbie instead. And now he had to live like he know nothing about the unfinished case of Gabbie's mother because that would destroy the Evans, or maybe, that will make Gabbie leave him. The latter petrified him most. He was afraid that his wife will choose her family instead of him and that is no doubt the truth. From how Gabbie became so happy in just a split second after seeing her mother and brother, he can already tell how she'll choose them over him.