CH24 - Pressure

Gabbie's POV

"G-Good evening, Sir." I stammered while walking step by step towards them. I was double thinking whether to join this conclave or to stay out of it.

"Come, sit," he confirmed so I obediently sat beside Xander on the couch, facing Mr. Alejandro on the other side. I was calculating the distance I should give to Xander when I sat on his side. I settled on two feet but to my surprise, he held my waist to pull me closer and kissed the side of my head.

I gasped but was unnoticed since he spoke immediately after kissing me. "How's your day, my wife?"

I looked at him with my half bewilderment. It's because I can somehow smell what he is trying to act. I met his eyes and finally substantiate my thoughts. His eyes say it all behind his grin.

"Great! I had a great day," I said while looking into his eyes.

He widen his smile and caressed my waist. "Good to hear," he ended.

"I can see you've adjusted to each other very quickly." Mr. Alejandro shut the sudden eye battle between me and Xander as we both faced the old man.

"Of course. You have chosen the perfect girl for me. Thank you, father," Xander smirked and offered a toast to Mr. Alejandro.

The old man laughed and accepted the offer. I am so creeped out with this clownery. Xander's hand is still on my waist so I am feeling restless inside. I am not used to it and I will never be.

"I am actually here to gift you something," the man on the opposite side enunciated and brought down his wine glass. He fished out something out from his tuxedo and placed a small card on the table for us to see.

I don't know what was that because the look is obviously new to me. But I think it's a black card.

"Go on vacation. I have prepared everything myself," he explained.

"Will you send us away albeit your birthday's coming?" Xander retorted. Yes, please. I don't want any vacation, especially with this man. I bet it's the worst idea. But of course, I remained silent.

"It's not like you're the one organizing my birthday event. Don't worry, my son, I got it all planned. It will be as grand as you think."

"But vacation's not really on my mind right now," Xander boringly uttered and leaned on the sofa showing lack of interest in the idea. I am also crossing my fingers not to get this vacation pushed through. I also refused to.

"How about you Ms. Sanchez? Oh! My mistake, you should be called Mrs. Evans by now," he started and I drew a forced smile. "Don't you want a vacation? You know I realized I had never gifted you properly since your wedding. This is just my humble offer for you to relax a little more."

How will I ever respond to this?

"Uhm..I-," I stuttered again. I looked at Xander who is now looking at me, too. I know he wants me to decline and I also want to decline.

"Mrs. Evans?" Mr. Alejandro called again and when I saw his face, it reminded me of his turn of phrase on that day when he threatened me with killing my family. That scared me to the bone and maybe I am too frail especially when it comes to my loved ones. So even how much I'm against it, I sickly nodded my damn head.

"Yes, I want a vacation."

Mr. Alejandro couldn't be happier to hear this. "Then I guess we're good. Come on! Couldn't you just accept it and relish a few of your worries? I'm being so considerate here."

My head was fixed to the floor after that, unable to face any of them. I don't want to see Mr. Alejandro happy, and I don't want to see the anger in Xander's eyes.