CH61 - Unchained

3rd Person's POV

"You are the most amazing person I have ever laid my eyes on. You are a gem of this universe, unparalleled. I never wanted to own you because I was just a mere security guard who could not even provide you security. I even became your most cursed being and I loathed myself for years and will continue to loath myself for the rest of my life. But I had to stay alive to catch your anger and grudge. I had to experience the pain in this world to pay for my sins. Never once in the hours of my life that I never felt guilty about my crime. But I cannot turn myself in to protect and guard your happiness and peace. I cannot turn myself in until I was sure no one will ever harm your safety again. I know you truly love your family and all I wanted was for you to be with them forever. That is the least I could do for you. I know whatever I say will not be enough to patch my wrongdoing but I would still want to apologize for being the greatest despair of your life. Please forgive me, Gwyneth. I was at fault, I am the only one to blame. You owe me nothing, but I owe you my life."

The letter is now clustered with tears as Gwyneth cried silently in that reposeful room while reading it. She cannot even see the letters lucidly since her eyes are filled with crystal tears. But her tears felt different this time. It is healing. It slowly washes her pain away that she thinks after this flood, she'll finally have a cleaner heart and soul that she deserves.

.

The night is hefty but it feels so quiet and undisturbed. Gabbie paced her way into the balcony to see Xander who's now waiting for her, standing by the railing and observing the moving flowers down the garden.

"The night feels unusual, don't you think?" Gabbie commented and also stood beside him, not too close yet not too far.

"Hm, I also think so," he agreed.

They stayed there silent while gathering the mood that translates the same kind of meaning to both of them. It is not fear, just peace. The girl wanted to take it like that even though she knew, something bustling is about to come out.

"Do you know where I first met you?" he begins the conversation again.

"Uhm, in this house, on that huge empty hall."

Xander smirked at it and shook his head softly, "No, I actually knew you before that."

"That's because you investigated me and dug my personal information beforehand."

"Yes, I did that but I even knew you before diving deeper into your background."

Gabbie is now a little mystified. "Then, where did you first see me?"

"You familiar with Alone Again?"

The woman gave him wide eyes upon pronouncing that. "What? Don't tell me," she narrowed her eyes and the man carried on.

"It's about a man who lost everything in life and his journey of finding himself again."

"That's my book, Xander! You read that?" She is now turning crimson because of embarrassment. It happened that her first-ever published book when she was first-year college was read by him, thrice!

"I actually liked that book so much."

"Xander no! You're fooling me, there's no way you would-," even before she continued, Xander cut in.

"It's on my shelf and it's old enough for you to tell I bought it just now. Believe me, I actually read that and even stalked you."

"What?! No, that one is innovation," she ensured and Xander laughed hard at it.

"You can't believe that? Ok, after that book, you published part 2 after 6 months. Then your very first written play was Mary and Jonathan. I even watched that personally at the university."