CH46 - Evidence

3rd Person's POV

"Leia! Josh!" Gabbie yelped the moment she saw the two entering the private room. They rented an exclusive dinette in a Japanese restaurant to finally talk about the commercial project they are about to do. Since they'll be meeting a supermodel today, everything should be well organized.

The manager of the restaurant already got the heads up of the popular celebrity that is about to come so the security was strengthened all over the place.

The directors of the commercial will be the two newly-arrived and Gabbie couldn't be more thankful for they both agreed straightaway when she called them. They are now five in the room including Quinn and Lester.

"How is office work, girl?" Leia started off and Gabbie made an exhausted expression which made them laugh. "Is it that hard?" Leia followed up.

Gabbie nodded with a 'save me' look. "I swear I never imagined myself dealing with sales," she admitted.

"But you're doing fine since you have lasted a month already," Josh concluded that somehow made a point. If only they knew her deep intentions, they would understand that no matter what happens, she should survive this even how suffocating it is especially when she remembers Mr. Dave is sitting on the right wing of the office space. She could only roll her eyes in deep frustration.

"I guess that's because of these two lovely people here by my side," she made that introduction smooth that also diverted the topic. Leia and Josh now greeted the two and they even introduced themselves to each other.

"Who would be the actress?" Josh inquired and at that exact moment, the sliding wooded door opened, welcoming a celebrity wearing her most intimidating appearance.

They all stood up to greet Nicole Smith, the most well-known model because of three reasons: her talent, her beauty, and her scandalous issues. At least even though she is always the face of entertainment section of daily newspapers holding disreputable headlines, no one can deny her beauty and talent in modelling.

She somehow responded in kind to the greetings with her usual deceitful smile. "You're so beautiful, Ms. Nicole Smith," Quinn could not help but praise her.

"Thank you, you too babe, you're pretty." Quinn blushed to that. The unexpected compliment made her day. "I'm sure there is no need for me to introduce myself," the model ensured that may be read as rude but she managed to deliver in the nicest way possible.

"Of course no need, Ms. Smith." Josh was the one to answer that and also the one to start the conceptualization meeting. He is the head director, by the way. He explained his visions in a detailed manner and everyone was just drown at listening to him. They must be imagining exact same things since the detail was delivered from the most basic unit.

At times, Gabbie would feel Niki to be looking at her direction so she would confirm and looks at her, too. Niki then smiles at her in a way familiar to Gabbie, her serpentine smile.

Ever since Gabbie became so engaged with her work, her issues with Niki slipped from her mind as if it's not vital to dwell with it any longer. And when the survey resulted to the model having the highest score, she didn't hesitate to choose her even though their situation has not been totally cleared.

Maybe she doesn't care about that anymore. She has priorities now that she needs to take care first before anything else.

In the middle of their conversation, Gabbie's phone rang and everyone in the room fell silent. They looked at her so she speedily checked the caller's name. She intended to end the call for now if it's not that important but to her surprise, it was Clyde.