CH40 - Money

3rd Person's POV

3 YEARS AGO

A splash of cold water had awaken Niki from a temporary knock. She was running out of breath and couldn't even realize where she is until a man in his clean suit appeared in her front.

"How was that?" he asked the girl.

Niki tried to move but her hands are tied up behind the chair she was seated on as well as her feet. She looked around to see familiar faces of men in black suits. Damn this formal kidnappers!

"That was cool. Woah!" She made fun of her situation. Well, she is not your typical victim who would play her role in a dramatic way.

"As expected. You really have a thick skin, huh." Niki smirked to that which heightened the kidnapper's anger.

"Says the one who audaciously kidnapped someone. You think your skin couldn't be thicker than mine?" A hard slap was then thrown on her cheek.

"See? That hurts." The old man wiped his palm, pretending to have maimed after slapping her. "How can you not see how shameless you are when you took all my money and not follow the agreement." He held her chin up and leaned closer to her face. He can see how sharp the glare of the woman towards him but he ain't affected even a scratch. He liked this, seeing her lose her mind. "I told you to leave with the money I offered you. You took it but I see you didn't take your flight. Why? Is the price not enough? Coz if that's the case, you should have told me then. I'm willing to pay you as much as you want. Just fucking leave my son alone!" He howled the last sentence while holding her cheeks with a force.

He stood up as the girl followed her serrated eyes on him. She now found her turn to mess his brain up. "Why don't you kidnap your son, too and torture him to death until he finally see my true colors? You see, Cole don't believe you and he never lets me go," she said looking petulant which infuriates the shit out of Mr. Alejandro. "As the intellectual person I am, I could only weigh down the benefits between accepting your money or becoming an Evans' wife instead. The latter would be more interesting."

"Huh! You think that will happen? Never even in your nightmares! I will never let my son marry a gold-digger like you."

"Really? Don't be too sure about that. As far as I know, Cole will be willing to marry me in secret if that's the only way. He loved me so much." If pissing someone is a talent, Niki is so talented right now and Mr. Alejandro is already emitting invisible smoke.

"Then, you still won't give up?" he asked, this time with a low tone insinuating a bigger consequence. But Niki is rather a brave woman as well as a money-obsessed.

She acted thinking, "Uhm, there's actually a way for me to finally give up." Even how boiled the old man's blood at the moment, he could only listen to the bitch since he is more desperate to get her out of Xander's life. "Transfer me all your assets. Literally, all!" and then she convulsed with laughter as if she won the battle. "You can't do that, right? You're not so stupid to make me the inheritor instead."

"You're crazy," he scowled and Niki crack up even harder.

"But not as crazy as your son. I know his condition, and believe me when I say I can make it publicized in just a snap of hand. I am not the type to pose a threat. I make action." Even how much Mr. Alejandro hides his fear, he can't help it. She is freakin' hard to beat.

"Let's make it half, what do you think?" he offered which terminated Niki's game. "I'll give you half my assets," he made clear of it that even his guards who are at the scene were surprised to hear it.

"Are you kidding me?" Niki tried to divert her shock because that cannot happen. Yet the way Mr. Alejandro spat the overture could only temp the woman so much. It cannot be true but it's not impossible either. Is he really scared of my capabilities? The old man's bearing confirms her claim.