CH44 - Work

3rd Person's POV

"We will be making Ms. Nicole Smith the product endorser," reported Jameson.

"What? Who suggested it?" Xander could only frown his forehead.

"Sales and Advertisement Department, Team 3?"

"Gabbie?"

"Yes, Sir. Ms. Sanchez wanted it," Jameson emphasized the formality if ever his boss is forgetting again.

"Call Ms. Sanchez here, now." Thankfully, he got the hint.

Gabbie has been working in the company for a month now. As the contract indicated, she was hired as manager in the sales and advertisement team. No one dared to question that since everyone knows she's the first lady despite her wanting to be called Ms. Sanchez. However, there are always the ones who would roll their eyes at that, thinking that inequality existed again in this trying to be fair world but fails.

Gabbie had undergone a proper process of hiring. She submitted a job application letter and curriculum vitae, went to an interview, and passed. But no one will believe that it was fair at all, instead, a formality. But Gabbie doesn't care about that, she would take advantage of this since she was given the privilege to. This family loves to play dirty, by the way.

"You called me, Sir."

"I heard you wanted to make Ms. Smith the endorser."

"Yes, I do."

"I won't allow that."

"We have studied the plan, Sir. Ms. Smith will surely augment our sales," she counter-claimed.

"That's still uncertain. Ms. Smith demands so much conditions."

"We have made that into consideration. We really think Ms. Smith is the best candidate."

"But there's a lot of celebrities there who can make it, those who demand less. Famous figures only take a few percentages of the overall sales of the product. Our clothing line will not lose buyers even without a popular endorser."

"But our task is to make improvements. We cannot just let the sales on medium forever if there's a way to increase it."

"Ms. Smith will not help you increase it. I strongly disagree. Find someone else."

"No, Sir. We will stick to our plans. We are the ones who manually calculated every risk and consequence. We'll believe our results that say Ms. Smith should become the endorser."

"But I am your employer, I know what's best for my company."

"As your employee, we are to serve you to the best of our abilities. You need to trust us, Sir."

"You are adamant about this, huh. Let me tell you, I am not the one to give up on my views."

"So as I, Sir." Gabbie looked him straight in his eyes which made the man sigh internally. The girl does not seem to obey him especially now that she has so many reasons not to.

"What if you fail to increase the sales?"

"You can decide whatever you want, Sir. I heard you fire everyone that fail their job. You can fire me, then," she bravely vented out that left Xander open-mouthed. "But you know you have to give us a chance to prove our views first. Please sign the project plan with Ms. Smith."

Xander heaved a deep breath. He knows he has lost this time. But he's not the type to give in even though the scale is weighing heavier on the other side. He kept on looking at the woman who is matching his eyes with an even stronger hold. So after sparing more time, he unwillingly signed the proposal and handed it to her.