CH19 - Changes

Gabbie's POV

Petals scattered all over the altar, few seats arranged in a semi-slant manner giving a wonderful space for the bride to walk down. The breeze gives a soft blow to our skin that somehow enlightens the discreet fear behind celebratory smiles.

We chose a garden wedding located at one of Evans' vacation villas with only a few VVIP guests attending. But the media will make it possible for a live audience in their cozy homes.

I wore the wedding gown that I chose on that day when I and Xander shopped clothes. I keep on heaving deep sighs as I study the lonely figure staring back at me in this huge mirror. I can tell I was beautified. My skin gleaming and my eyes radiate innocence. I look like a princess on the outside but I can't avoid seeing myself from within-the Gabbie that's far from being a fairy tale character.

I was jarred from my reverie when someone sat on my side. I didn't feel his presence upon walking towards me but I saw his reflection from the mirror and that's when I moved my head to face him.

"You look perfect," he beamed a smile while examining my face in a way that translates into admiration.

My eyebrows bent trying to ask who he is. He immediately got the confusion so he spoke. "Oh! I am Jameson Nicholson. Mr. Xander's personal secretary and assistant and servant and best friend. The last one may sound surreal since he seems someone who'll not acknowledge friendship but believe me I am! Just..a little bit underrated."

I nodded slowly, I see. I really don't have the guts to speak at this hour but he kept the conversation flowing, or should I say his oration. Though somehow, his aura is not bothering. "I came here to check on you. Don't worry, am a good person unlike my boss," he chuckled "just kidding," and continued. I forced myself to move my lips just to feign attention to him and I can tell he is trying his best to perk me up. "You look so beautiful in this dress but you're more beautiful from the inside," he commented.

I drew a faint smile, quite disagreeing. "How will you know that? You barely know me."

"I know it. You won't be here marrying that man if you're not." my forehead wrinkled on that implied statement. "I mean, before, I worried so much if he'll be married in this lifetime because his attitude is so annoying. And here you are! An angel for choosing that crazy boss of mine hahaha!" I know that was supposed to be a joke and he's just dissing his friend but I don't want to ride on it. I'm just at my lowest point. Nonetheless, I kept my simple smile with me.

"You know what's lacking to your perfection?" he deemed, "A perfect smile," and he drew a saddened one.

"You know, life can be too harsh sometimes. It's not life when it's easy anyway." Suddenly, the comforting glee turned almost stern but a little affectionate. "Ms. Gabriella, a long journey is waiting ahead of you and all I wanted is for you to stay strong and determined. I will play a major role in your life after this so remember me." I kept myself shut through this time, "Oops! But don't trust me. I am loyal to Xander so you cannot rely on my information hahaha, just kidding again." I am not understanding. "Your time is up. Let's go out and get you married." That was the last of his stories and assisted me outside the room.

.

The nonstop flashes of cameras shooting on me made me sick but of course, I had to shrug that off of my focus. I acted as normal as I can as I walked down the aisle wearing the best dress I've ever worn but definitely not the most comfortable, to say the least.

My eyes were stuck to the white carpet nicely flattened on the ground, the other decorations ascending blue. And I can't fathom anymore how blue my heart is at this moment.