CH62 - Time

3rd Person's POV

The days went so fast. It's like a fleeting time but it's actually a fleeting world. Xander resigned from his position as Clyde took over. The Evans Company now experience a new birth since the temporary mishap that happened due to the Chairman's imprisonment. Somehow, it's going back to its normal flow but gradually.

Gabbie also resigned from her position as she was offered by a publishing company to work as a writer. It was the company that Kiel talked about on that last phone call they had before he left for Finland. Like the situation of the Evans Company, Gabbie is also being born again with a fresh start, a new life.

They were divorced. They took all the process leniently and didn't even spare a chance to talk about it any longer. It was decided, they are done. Xander though refused to take back all the properties from Gabbie's family as per part of the divorce document he requested from his lawyer. As a settlement, the house and lot that Gwyneth and Garry are living in are now named under Gabriella Sanchez, as well as her car. Gabbie tried her best to riposte about it but the lawyer was good enough to convince her to agree since it is the norm in divorce cases, especially with a known person like her husband, no, ex-husband.

Of course, the lawyer cannot give up on it since Xander clearly ordered to make Gabbie agree or else, he'll hire another lawyer.

For six months, they don't hear about each other anymore and Xander was not sidestepping anymore such as paying someone to tail the girl and then report to him as he did before. It's a complete separation this time without any information for him as well as for the girl, except for one circumstance of Gabbie's quiet life.

She received another mail after quite some time. It's with the same unknown sender and the same type of context. But now, it's not Niki but another woman. Even so, the photo ain't showing any intriguing posture but only Xander talking to a woman along the street in the middle of the city. Gabbie doesn't want to make it a deal as if she has any right to make it a deal either. She's not his wife any longer so even if there's really something going on between the two in that lovely photo, she can't do anything about it.

Except to become jealous.

She shut her phone down, put it above her side table, and sleep the unwanted feeling away. She needs to wake up early for another whole day of work tomorrow.

Leia's company is the same as hers. Yet her friend is in the directing crew while she's in the scriptwriting. Mostly, during breaks, they would see each other to dine together and have endless chitchats about issues here and there. There's just a lot of stuff going on that their time is the only not enough. Josh is in the same company but on a far unit so he doesn't have many chances to be with the two all the time.

"I heard your first project succeeded," Leia articulated and Gabbie just gave her the smile of deserved hauteur. As she should. Despite the sleepless nights she had after the break-up, she still managed to stand up again and slay her career in a short span.

"Congrats! I told you, you can do it. We need no man, you see. We girls can!" She blabbed and even shouted the last sentence to the whole cafeteria inside their company. Gabbie just laughed at her who got the attention of many as they also raised their fists to show support, especially the women present in the space.

"Who says I can't anyway?" she clarified with a smirk.

"Your eyes told me last time but I can see they changed now to something braver and that's so great Gab. Continue to be the best of who you are," Leia cheered and the girl couldn't be happier to still have her best friend by her side even how many waves of life were thrown.

"I am the best version of myself now, Leia. I feel like I fear no battle right now. That's partly because of him, so, I am thankful."

"You really don't know what bitterness is, right? Why is someone like me who hasn't experienced heartbreak, the one very bitter in life?"