CH31 - Sorry

3rd Person's POV

It's been a week and Gabbie has not been talking to Xander. It is not like they always talk and this is new, but her silence is especially bothering Xander in a way.

Since the incident with Clyde and after Gabbie went to her room that night, the two didn't have any proper interaction at all. Gabbie wakes up so early to do her daily job and sometimes leaves for school earlier than Xander. She will then arrive home early to work again and then lock herself in her room after dinner. They are not having their meals together as usual. Sometimes when they run to each other in the kitchen at night, like when Gabbie goes down to quench her thirst, or when Xander goes down to get himself some coffee for overnight work, none of them initiates a conversation, both doing their own thing.

Xander was always the one surrendering and would break the ice but the woman was rather cold and answers him only with simple gestures. There is one time when Gabbie was alone baking some cupcakes when Xander decided to intervene to chat with her about everyday things and he even offered a hand. Unluckily, he ended up destroying the dough. It was not a good idea either. It has been a week and it is still the same. Xander is totally going nuts thinking of how to make her talk to him even just a sentence.

He messed up, that's what he knows. There is no one to be blamed but him. He caused this and certainly, he should be the one to fix it. But even how hard he wrecks his mind, he can't seem to know how.

Gabbie is not fond of gifts, sure she hates travels with him, she doesn't like celebrations, too, she doesn't like hangouts, or maybe he should say, she doesn't like him to start with.

But there is one thing she really loves. One thing she has been taking care of. Xander has been considering this for some time and he swears if this cold treatment would last a week, he will have no choice but to draw the last card.

He prepared dinner outside the mansion where there are romantic string lights and cascading fountains between garden flowers. The dining is full of courses of delight, especially pastries that his wife likes.

Gabbie arrived there in her casual white dress. She sat opposite Xander and is not giving him a look, as always. She's appearing in compliance with his call because she cannot refuse it. Xander knows that very well but if using his authority is the only option to make Gabbie dine with him then he will use it.

"Just how long will you give me a cold shoulder?" he uttered straightforwardly.

"I am not," he expected that answer from her.

"Yes, you are. See, you are not even looking at me," after that, Gabbie has left no choice but to look up to Xander with her still mad eyes. How Xander missed her stares.

"I am sorry," he repeats what he said that day. And he won't mind repeating it again and again.

"How was he?" Gabbie inquired making Xander's eyes change. She was seriously afraid of the idea of Xander killing someone. Who would not be, anyway?

Xander swerved his eyes, he bit his lower lip, trying to suppress what he was about to say but spilled it nonetheless, "He is still in the hospital." He sure is an honest man.

Gabbie sighs in so much worry. She knew she takes part of the reason why the man ended that way. She should have done her best to stop Xander but she couldn't.

"I know you disgust violence, and I'm sorry if you had to witness that incident, but I don't regret what I did. He deserves it for stepping boundaries."

Gabbie fell silent. She knew also that she has been acting way too childish. She just couldn't help it. But at least for now, after so much time lent for her to think, she has simmered down already. "I know I don't have the right to enter with your personal businesses. I don't even know him and your history with him. I acted way too immaturely. I'm sorry, too," she gave up and looked down because she felt embarrassed when she don't have to.