CH13 - Beg

Xander's POV

I've been so busy these past days because for the first time my father assigned me some work to accomplish. The target is this high school dean in our school and I cuss on him for driving me sick in the head.

The university where Ms. Sanchez is studying is owned by our family, worse luck. But we don't handle it first hand. The problem arose when this noble dean started to have a silent transaction of illegal book buying. He was offered cheaper priced textbooks than the official publishing company that the school is in partnership with. The payment of the students remain the same though the books became third-rate. No wonder he has afforded another manor property somewhere.

I was going back and forth just to fix the issue. If this goes public, no one will carry the burden but us and not that fake and liar being.

I was in the parking lot that day relieving my stressful day when I overheard some students and to my luck, he was that woman's brother. I knew his face since Jameson showed his profile to me the other day. And I even confirmed it more after hearing his touching story of her sister marrying a rich man. What a scene to watch. I hissed.

After that day, even how eager I am to play with my pretending-to-be-innocent little fiance, I got stuck at this mishap of this jackass dean. It took me two weeks to finally resolve it by making him return the money, bring the original publisher back as the supplier, and make the fake bookseller rot in prison. It was unfair that the dean did not make it behind bars but because he also has his connections, he settled by paying.

And now I'm free. I went straight to my woman and caused a scene. Of course, I would give her what she wanted by announcing to the public that she is my fiance. She should now bear the consequence of receiving childish insecurities from other bitches. I can't wait to watch her life be noisy, chaotic, and miserable.

3rd Person's POV

Xander walked his way inside the campus without double thoughts and Gabbie quickly followed him. This idea is somewhat bothersome for her, afraid to affect her brother in a bad way.

"Wait," she stopped him by the building gate and forcefully shove his back to face her. "What's your plan? Tell me first."

"Why would I? I don't need your opinion anyway so better get your hands off me." Gabbie immediately pulled back her hand from his upper arm and gulped anxiously.

"I think I have all the rights to know since he is my brother. If you're about to do stupid things that would make his situation worse, I swear I won't let you step inside," she dared.

Xander gave her an 'are you kidding me' look as he find it so funny. "You? Stopping me from coming inside? Are you that strong?"

"I may not, physically, but I got some huge determination issue. If I get determined, I won't lose."

"Really? That's quite interesting to see. How far you'll go to protect this brother of yours?"

"I can get killed, here, now." Xander was taken aback by the sudden expression. "If that would stop you from ruining his life." The agape man fell silent for a second trying to read every word that Gabbie's eyes hold. They shout bravery, determination, and so much care for that family of hers. Xander got annoyed for some reason he doesn't know. Why is she such a fool? There is no love like this, love to death. I don't believe in love. I've never received such a thing.

He then snapped on it and laughed sarcastically. "You're stupid. Your brother will not die for you so why would you die for him?"

"Because I'm his guardian. Of course, I'll protect him and of course, I'll never let him die for me." Xander rolled his eyes by the sudden drama and was about to continue walking when Gabbie ceased him again holding his arm tightly.