CH64 - Healing

3rd Person's POV

Gabbie waited for him patiently on that green couch that didn't share some peace of mind. She wanted to be succored in the therapeutic environment of the house but she just can't get any. It is now getting dark and Xander is still nowhere to be seen. She called him many times though she isn't sure if the number is still working or maybe Xander destroyed it already six months ago.

Eternal later, the door finally unlocked and Gabbie stood up to welcome Xander with so much worry in her eyes. The man's bearing now is a lot more eased than how he was when he went out.

They stared at each other, wearing the same look that they totally understand without any words spilled. Xander was the first one to step towards her as she stood there still, waiting for the man to come close. Their eyes did not leave each other until they are now a foot apart. Xander held Gabbie's cheek and caressed it softly. "It's my fault," he started and Gabbie quickly shook her head in retort. "They killed our child because they hated me. You suffered so much because of me," he pronounced and the girl held his hand on her cheek as she continued to shake her head.

"No, Xander. Let's stop saying sorry to each other, hm?"

"But I have to pay for the consequence. I can't live with you anymore."

"Do you not love me anymore?" Xander couldn't form any word from his tongue now. "Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me. Then I'll give up."

Xander bit his lower lip and his hands now are quivering on top of Gabbie's face. He looked down just to exhale a deep sigh and faced Gabbie again. The woman waited for him to say it though deep inside she is crossing fingers for the man to not actually say it.

"You pity me, Gabbie. That's why you're here."

"What are you talking about?" she furrowed her brows.

"Because you knew I was sick all along. You felt the need to help me, you pitied me."

"No! I never once pitied you, Xander. I'm actually so proud of you for being so strong all along, fighting for your sickness alone. I love you, Xander that's why I am here. How about you? Do you love me?" she repeats the question.

Xander put his other hand on her other cheek, now cupping her head. He looked her deep in the eyes. "I love you. I have never not loved you even a second. Every time I open my eyes for a new day, I love you even more and I am suffering, Gabbie. I long for you so much," tears slid out from his eyes and his voice cracked.

Gabbie is now a crying mess. "Then why are you pushing me away?"

"It's because...it's because I'm still sick. I am not healed yet."

"So you're letting me go for the second time? Haven't you regretted letting go of me before? Because I regret so much leaving you. I always tell myself I shouldn't have, I should have fought for my love."

"What if I hurt you again?"

"You are hurting me now. I am so much in pain because the one I love won't choose me even though he loves me, too." Xander sealed his words and put down his hands. He is having some mental suffering so Gabbie continued, "Let me be by your side until you're healed."

"But what if-,"

"Shh! No more what-ifs, Xander. Throw your worries away. Think of only both of us now, just us." The woman held the side of his neck and gave him the eyes of security that he really needs at the moment.

Then she kissed him. She initiated it while Xander couldn't respond immediately. He is still having a mental breakdown but Gabbie even deepened the kiss. She wanted him to release everything that blocks his mind right now. They need only the two of them.