Chapter 44

Even three days later Taehyung still hadn't set eyes on Jungkook.Namjoon was being kind enough to give him updates about the omega.

The only thing that Taehyung did for those three days was overwork himself.He didn't want to feel anything and he was being excellent at it.

He also saw to it that Jungkook got fresh flowers every morning.

While he was working in his study as always, Namjoon lit up his phone.

"Hello hyung"

"Taehyung I think you need to come over here and convince him to eat"

"He hadn't been eating?"his heart beat sped up as he asked

"Not even a bite r a sip of water"

"Why are you only telling me this now?'he sounded furious but not at the older alpha but himself.

"I didn't want to worry you but I'm the one who is getting worried"

"Ok hyung.Thanks for letting me know"

Before Taehyung could leave the house Ms Yeo made food for Jungkook.She was aware of all his food preferences.Maybe if Jungkook were to know that she was the one who had made the food he would not turn it down.

Taehyung changed his mind about seeing Jungkook when he saw him through small glass window on  the door.

The omega looked white pale like flour and had dark circles under his swollen red eyes.He had IV tubes feeding into both of his arms.

"Hyung I can't do this.He breathed out"I can't see him like this.What will I say to him.How will I be able to comfort him?"the alpha cried as his eyes flickered anywhere but at Jungkook.

"Taehyung you will have to face him sooner or later"

"Can you please call Jin hyung and Jimin here"Taehyung breathed heavily as if he was having a meltdown.

Namjoon took out his phone and called up his husband.

"Hello hyung...

"Joonie how is Jungkook now.Is Taehyung ok"

"Well Taehyung needs a favor that concerns Jungkook"

"A favor from me"

"I know you couldn't wait for this day to come my love"

"Don't call me that.Anyways I'm on my way."

"Thanks love"

Seokjin softly opened the door to Jungkook's room.He was shocked to see the state the omega was in.He looked like someone who was on his deathbed.

"Jungkook does the world have to come to an end because you lost a baby"

"Hyung..."he croaked out."It hurts"

Seokjin had tears brimming in his eyes"Why are you doing this to yourself.It wasn't your fault nor was it Taehyung's.Then why are you punishing both of you"

Jungkook bit his lip and let the tears fall.He couldn't stand to look anyone in the eye.

"What happened was meant to happen.None of us can change that but if you starve and die then what will become of Taehyung.Do you think he will be able to live with the guilt"

Jungkook cried even more.His body hunched over in white pain."I should have paid more attention to myself.How horrible of me.How could I have not known"

"What matters is that you are alive and you can still have many children in the future.Stop punishing yourself"Jin said

"I'm sorry to my child for not being a better mother but next time I will promise to do better"he mumbled.