Chapter 53

By the time Taehyung went up to their room Jungkook was already fast asleep and snoring softly.He crawled into the bed and held him from behind without waking him up.Immeadietely sleep overwhelmed him.

Promptly past midnight Jungkook woke up.He sat up and turned on his night lamp.Before getting out of bed he glanced at his sleeping husband with fondness.

Jungkook then slipped into his pluffy slippers and left the room.His destination was the kitchen.More precisely the microwave.Ms Yeo had always left food for him since he complained of getting hungry in the middle of the night.

While waiting for his food to heat up,he grabbed a chocolate bar from the fridge.

"Are you supposed to be eating that?"

Jungkook flinched when he saw a figure emerging from the shadows.

"Who is there?"

"Chill it's just me"Taehyung smiled as he approached the omega.

Jungkook clutched his chest and exhaled"You seriously scared me"

"What did you think?"

"I thought it was Ms Yeo."the omega puffed his cheeks.

"Just as I thought.You really shouldn't be having that"

"But I have a sweet tooth and I can't help it.I was supposed to have one earlier but I couldn't.For your kind information.She allowed me to have it"

"I wasn't planning on stopping you"Taehyung said and sat on the stool.

Jungkook ripped the chocolate bar and started munching on it"What are you doing here?I didn't wake you did I?"

"I wasn't really sleeping"

"Did you have nightmares?"

Taehyung nodded"But not those kind of nightmares.It was more like the first time dad nightmares"

"Taehyung... You are really something else"Jungkook laughed and clutched his stomach.

"I'm serious"

"It's probably because you didn't see it coming but I know you will do well.You will be a great dad.Be confident about it.I believe in you"

"Thanks"

"But before the baby comes there is an  important event coming up.Do you know what that is?"

"No"

"Can't you really read my mind?"

"I can't anymore"

Jungkook's heart slammed against his chest.There was a reason why the alpha's hair  as well as his eyes were normal without him having his thread on.

"Why is that?"

"I  felt different when I woke up.I feel lighter rather.I can't do any of the things I used to before"

"And that's a good thing?"Jungkook asked

"If it means I will be normal then yes"the alpha showed his teeth.

"Taehyung I have been wondering.Something has been weighing on my mind ever since I found out that I was pregnant"

"What is it my love?"

"What will our baby be?"Jungkook asked as if knowing would make him feel better

"I really wish I knew but whatever he will be ,  I know one thing for sure and that it we will love him no matter what.I'm sure he won't be like me"

Those words brought relief to Jungkook's heart.Just as long as they accept and love their child unconditionally everything will be alright.