Chapter 29: His Dark Side

Once you guys are done with the assignment, you head back to the car. You throw the bag full of money and guns into the trunk as Sora starts the car. You get in and he begins to drive.
Sora: You sure you're okay?
You: Yeah
You look out the window for a little while, observing all the city. About halfway through the drive...the feeling of guilt overtakes you and you just have to tell him what you did.
You: I didn't get my period...I miscarried a baby
You say this still looking out the window.
Sora: What??? You were pregnant...why didn't you tell me??
You look him in his eyes and tell him the truth
You: Because it wasn't yours...it was Jared's...and before you get upset let me explain...it happened the day we broke up, i went to the bar to have a few drinks, i drank way more than i should have, he came in and bought me a few more then we kissed...then i slept with him...
You look down at your feet and on
You: and we did it unprotected but i'm on the pill and i took plan b after so i don't know how i got pregnant but i did...and i didn't tell you sooner because i was just gonna get an abortion and forget it happened and i- i'm sorry, i really am.
The car is silent except for the sound of the windshield wipers clearing away the rain drops
You: Are you gonna say anything...
Sora: I'm not mad at you.
He makes a sudden u-turn in the opposite direction of the house.
You: Where are we going???
Sora: To pay your baby daddy a visit.
You: Okay but um technically that isn't what you call him because there's no baby anymore.
Sora: Well it's better than the other things I wanna call him. And the things I wanna call you too.
He makes eye contact with you.
You: That's fair...I deserve that.
The rest of the drive is silent until you guys pull into the parking lot of Jared's apartment complex. Sora gets out the car but you remain seated.
Sora: Get your ass out the damn car. You're gonna watch me torcher him.
You nod your head and follow him inside. When you guys arrive at Jared's door Sora bangs on it loudly.
Jared: Damn who is it???
Sora bangs again even louder. A couple moments later, Jared answers the door.
Sora: So you thought it would be okay for you to sleep with my girl?
Jared looks over at you
Jared: You told him???
You: I had to I miscarried right in front of him.
Jared: You miscarried?
You: Yeah...
Sora: BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT UP.
You both get quiet.
Sora: So remind why you slept with her?
Jared: Because you guys weren't even together at the time.
Sora: she's mine, even when we aren't together...she belongs to me.
He turns to look at you
Sora: Right baby.
You know the answer you have to give him even though Jared has a point.
You: Yes...
Sora: See??
Jared: If she's "yours" you can have her. Just make sure she's not so quick to sleep with someone else.
Jared's words send a rage through Sora's body. He approaches Jared and punches him across the face. Jared stumbles backwards and his cheek begins to bleed. He touches the blood then throws a punch at Sora and before you know it they're full on fighting. You just stand there and observe them fighting as they flip each other over tables and break glass in the process. Just then Sora pulls a gun on Jared.
Sora: Stay away from my girl because if i ever catch you even looking at her i will kill you.
He holds the gun to his head and Jared agrees in fear.
Sora: Let's go baby
You nod and follow behind. On the way out the door you mouth the words "i'm sorry" to Jared hoping he understood. The door closes and you follow Sora downstairs and outside. When you guys get back in the car he looks at you.
Sora: Don't think you're off the hook.
You: Huh?
Sora: I'm gonna punish you.

To Be Continued...