Chapter 36: Revealed

***Well. Here's the next chapter...enjoy!***

***Tony P.O.V***

"Anything?"

Silence is all I could give as a reply. I hear Steve sigh as his heavy footsteps come closer to the spot I had barely moved from since I came back. Somehow they had the technology to evade Jarvis's detection and tracking. They were out of sight when I got up into the sky to go search for them. I promised her that I would keep her safe. I let out a long breath as I rest my head in my hands. Why didn't I keep her safe!

"Tony?"

I turn to look at him out of the corner of my eye. "Nothing," I reply with barely a whisper. "There's been nothing."

Turning back to the screen, I watched as Jarvis was scanning everything for any kind of footage of Alexis or of the helicopter that took her within New York. It had been almost 2 days since Alexis had been taken, and there had been nothing. No sightings and no contact from the kidnappers.

"Why haven't they contacted us yet?" My eyes scanned the screens for an answer that I knew it wouldn't hold.

"I don't know, Tony."

We stayed there in silence for a few minutes watching the monitors. I heard Steve take another step towards me and felt him drop his hand to my shoulder. "Come on, Tony. You haven't eaten anything since you got back yesterday. Alexis wouldn't want you to waste away like this."

I shrug his hand off and push myself up from the chair. "I have to stay. Jarvis might find something."

"Everyone is worried about you, Tony-,"

"Worried about me!?" Standing up and tipping my chair, I cut Steve off. "Why the hell should anyone be worried about me?!" Gesturing out of the room, I whisper, "My...There is a scared little 

girl out there that I promised to protect, and they are worried about me?!"

Steve tries to say something, but I ignore him as I continue. "They should be out there looking for her instead of worrying about me! She is the only thing that matters right now!"

My rapid breathing was the only thing that was heard for a few moments. "I should never have left Alexis here. I should never have brought her back here when I first met her. Everything that has happened is all my fault." I huff out a small laugh in disbelief as I turn back to Steve, who was just standing there. "It's all my fault. I brought her here, and since then, she has been attacked because of me twice. All because of my actions."

"It's not your fault, Tony," Steve says in that ever-present calm voice. I shake my head, refusing to believe him. "Tony. It is not your fault," he repeats. "No one saw this attack coming. No one was prepared for this."

"I should have been," I argue. "We all should have been prepared. We all live these dangerous 'superhero' lives, and yet no one was prepared for any sort of attack."

I watched as Steve tipped his head in a silent agreement. "Suppose you are right on that, but going over 'what if's in your mind isn't going to help Alexis now. We all need to be at the top of our game when we figure out where she is."

"You're that sure we are going to find her?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"You're not?" He countered.

I shrug and turn back to the screen. "I will always have faith in Jarvis."

"So, dinner?"

"I don't have a choice, do I?"