Chapter 9: With The Girls

***I'm back!! Sorry I had major writers block. But here is the next chapter. Remember I don't own anything but Alexis***

(Alexis P.O.V)

As Pepper, Nat and I head out the Tower and walk down the street, I look up at the sky and realize that the moon is out.

"Won't all the shops be shut since its night?" I ask the two ladies.

"We know. It's just that we thought that we could take you out for a while since you don't seem all too comfortable around men. We are just going to go get dinner," Pepper replies.

"Oh," I whisper. We walk through the streets for a while before heading to a small restaurant.

**************************************

Entering the restaurant, I follow Pepper and Nat to a table at the back. Sitting down in between the two ladies, I take in my surroundings nervously. I had always been nervous of places with crowds of people because of the anxiety I have.

"Alexis," I hear Pepper say making me snap back to the conversation that had been happening while I was looking around.

"Yes?" I question hesitantly.

"Would you like to order something?" she asks softly while holding up a menu for me to take a look at. Taking the menu from her hand, I open it and look at all the choices. I decided on a chicken burger. It was the least expensive thing that I knew I liked. I looked at the menu for as long as I could to delay the discussion that I knew the two ladies wanted to have with me. They will send me back if they know I tell myself

"Have you decided on something yet?" Nat asked softly, making me jump. Placing the menu down, I nod and whisper "Th...the...chicken...burger...pl...please." 

Pepper smiles and waves the waiter over to order. The waiter collected the menus leaving me with nothing to hide behind. I look down at my hands on my lap, avoiding eye contact.

"Alexis," I hear Nat say, making my head shoot up.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure that there is no one we should contact?" She asks gently.

Nodding furiously, I say "No one."

"Alright, can you tell us why you seem so afraid of men?" 

I freeze up as she asks that question. I didn't know what to tell them. I didn't want to say that I had an abusive father. That he was still alive and probably looking for me. I opened and closed my mouth a few times before my voice finally started working again. "I...I...I just...I just...I have...be...been gi..given a rea...reason too," I whisper. Staring at the table, I miss Pepper and Nat look at each worriedly. 

For the rest of the evening, Nat and Pepper told me stories of the Avengers. I found myself laughing more than I had in a long time. Despite the awkward beginning of the night, I found that it was the best night of my life in a long time.

****************************************

I walk back to my room and close the door behind me after wishing Pepper goodnight and thanking her for the night out. Quickly changing into my borrowed Pj's, I dive under my blankets and lie on my back in the middle of the bed.  I couldn't remember the last time I had felt so safe. 

"J.A.R.V.I.S?"

"Yes, Miss?"

"Can you turn the lights off please?"

"Of course Miss."

Darkness descends upon my room as I rolled onto my side and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight Miss Alexis,"

I smile to myself as I whisper "Goodnight JARVIS."

So here is the next chapter. Sorry for taking forever and the chapter being short. Hopefully, the next Chapter will be longer :)