Chapter 5: Meeting the girls

***So sorry about not updating. Been bit busy, however, hope you enjoy this one. Constructive Criticism is welcome so I can improve :) ***

(Alexis's P.O.V)

In the room that Tony and I entered were four men and two ladies. As we walked in everyone's eyes focused on me. I feel my breath freeze in my lungs. All that went through my mind was that there were too many eyes on me. My throat slowly started to constrict as tremours started racing through my hands cause me to shove them into my jacket pockets. Trying to calm myself down by taking in deep breaths through my nose, I watch as one of the lady's stand up and walk over to me which only causes to height my panic. Looking around trying to find somewhere to hide so no one sees me freak out. While trying to find somewhere to run, I fail to notice that the lady has crouched down in front of me.

"Hey," a soft voice says, making me look to the source.

She is beautiful, I decide as I look at her. Her red wavy hair that fell just past her shoulders just complemented the shape of her face. Her eyes had a kindness to them but at the same time, they seemed to be analyzing me. She looked like she wouldn't take anything from anyone and was definitely a person to have on your side.

"H...Hi," I whispered shakily, making sure I didn't make eye contact.

"I'm Natasha," she says as she puts out her hand with a soft smile gracing her face.

"A...Alexis," I stutter as I place my hand in hers, shaking it. I try to send a smile back to her but I don't think that it succeeded since she asks "Are you alright?"

I nod swiftly and mumble, "Fine."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Tony walk towards me. Natasha stands up as he stops next to me. She opens her mouth to speak but a booming voice is heard making me jump and cling onto Natasha's hand.

"Man of Iron, Is this the child that was hit by the car? Is she alright?" It booms as I frantically look around for the source of the magnifying voice.

"W...wha...what wa..was..t...that?" I stutter, as one of my hands clutch at my chest trying to calm my racing heart.

"That was Thor," Natasha says, pointing to one of the men. Thor was really tall and had huge muscles. He had blonde hair that was pulled back. He looked nice enough, but his voice terrified me.

"She should be fine now. I brought her out for some food and to meet you guys," Tony said while reaching to ruffling my hair. I flinch away as he did that making Natasha look at me curiously and Tony just stares with an apologetic look on his face. Uncomfortable with the way they were both looking at me, I choose to look at the others in the room. The other woman stood up and began making her way gracefully over. She was tall and had long strawberry blonde hair.

"Hello there, I'm Pepper," she smiles as she holds out her hand.

"Alexis," I smile shyly up at her as I shake her hand. She had a calming air around her which drew me in.

"Have you eaten yet," She asks as she withdrew her hand.

I shake my head negatively, whispering, "No." 

"Would you like anything to eat, Alexis?" She asks softly. I shake my head, but my stomach rumbles, betraying how I truly felt.  I feel my blood rush to my cheeks as Pepper, Natasha and Tony all chuckled.

"I think that means that she's hungry," Natasha chuckles.

"I think so too," Pepper smiles and begins to walk off. "Follow me, Alexis," she calls over her shoulder.

I quickly scamper after her, almost falling over my feet. I catch up as she walks into the kitchen.

The kitchen was a lot bigger than the one in the house I had run away from and even had an island table in the centre of the room with stools dotted around it. Pepper calls me over, gesturing for me to sit on one of the stools.

"What would you like to eat Alexis?" She asks. I shrug as I sit on a stool near the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"Would you like something hot or cold?" She asks just as a dark-haired man comes in.

"She should have something soft since she has been asleep for 2 weeks. Her stomach will need to start with soft things just in case. She actually shouldn't be out of bed," he says, glaring at Tony, who just looks at the ceiling and walked back over to the couches.

"Wh...who are y...you?" I ask softly.

"I'm Bruce," He smiles and offers his hand for me to shake. I take it hesitantly.

"I'm Alexis," I mumble. He nods as Pepper sets a bowl of peaches in front of me. I take the spoon and quickly start eating.

"Alexis. Do you have any parents we should contact?" Pepper asks as she sits down on another stool near me. I quickly shake my head.

"Are you sure?" Bruce asks gently leaning against the bench top.

"My m...mum is g...go..gone" I mutter keeping my head down as tears start making an appearance in my eyes.

"Gone?" Pepper questions softly.

"She d...die..died," I whisper as my tears start making tracks down my face. I hear Pepper move closer and wraps me in her arms. My shoulders start shaking as I try to suppress the sobs that try to force their way out.

"Oh Honey," she whispers as she holds me. Her embrace reminded of my mothers. Warm and loving. Sobs make their way out as I fall into her embrace, wrapping my arms around her waist. 

"I miss my mother," I cry softly. Sadness fulling my entire being in that moment

***Okay yes, it's short sorry. This is just a filler as I try to get back in the zone of writing. I'll try to get the next chapter done soon :)***