Chapter 3: Meeting

***I sadly own no one within the marvel universe. I hope that you enjoy this next chapter***

***Alexis POV***

Every passing footstep caused terror to build within my chest. 'Please don't follow me. Please don't.' A vice had gripped my heart as blood started to pound in my ears. 'Please no. Please, please no,' I pleaded as air seemed harder and harder to pull into my lungs. Tears silently rolled down my cheeks. Slumping against the concrete wall of the building behind me, I grasp at my chest, trying to remember how to breathe. 'It's okay. I'm fine,' I tried to soothe myself, but the terror just seemed to keep building in my chest. My haggard breathing and fear were the only things I was now aware of.

Time passed as I struggled to ride through the panic attack. Eventually, I must have passed out briefly because I was lying on the disgusting concrete of the alley when I came to. I lay there for a few moments more before pushing myself up. Groaning, I shake my head and rub my hands over my face. My chest still felt tight, but it was a feeling that I had grown used to over the past few years.

"I'm okay. I'm safe," I whisper, covering my eyes with my hands. "There is no one here. No people. No men. No one. Just me." Taking a deep breath, I let it out slowly before dropping my hands. Looking around, I could see that the alleyway wasn't the best for staying in. There wasn't really anything to sleep behind, and a tall wooden fence was in the middle. Looking up, I saw that it was around midday, so I couldn't have been out of it for that long. As I go to stand up, I groan. My entire being seemed to be aching, as well as a continuous pounding in my head. "I need to get moving. I need to see I can find some food or something," I mutter as I slowly push myself up.

Swinging my bag off my back, I open it and pull out a cap that I had found. Putting it on my head and placing my backpack back on, I start walking slowly back out to the street. Keeping my head down, I weave around all the people. There were so many people pushing past and surrounding me, causing the remains of my previous panic attack to come to the forefront of my mind. 'No! I can't freak out here. I have to keep moving,' I tell myself. 'Come on. Get your mind off it.' Shrinking in on myself more, I start counting backwards in 3's from 1000 to try to keep my mind occupied. '997...994...991...988...985...'.

I continue to walk until I make it to an alleyway a few streets over. Quickly looking around, I could see no one else down it, so I snuck over to one of the dumpsters and peered inside. I knew that this was used by several of the different takeaway shops that back on to this alley. Reaching in, I push stuff around, wholly absorbed in my hunting. As I dug, I spied a shut container. 'Please have something left,' I plead as I struggle to reach it. Just as I touch the corner, I am suddenly thrown back. I bit my lip as I struggled not to cry out as I landed on my side, jarring my cracked ribs. Pushing my hair out of my face, I look up and see a bearded man looming over me. Scrambling backwards, I struggle to my feet.

"Well, what do we have here?" The man slurred as he took a staggering step towards me. My eyes fearfully locked onto him. 'Don't underestimate him. Don't turn your back,' I remind myself as I slowly talk backwards. Every step he took, I took. He was tall with unruly hair and a drunken smirk that sent chills down my spine.

"S-S-Stay a-a-awa-away,' I say, my voice shaking as I stuttered. I put my hands up as if to try to ward him away from me. He took another step towards me, making me take two more away from him.

"Hey, now Missy, what's the rush?" His voice was deep and coarse. I glanced behind me quickly, trying to see how far away the next open street was. Quickly turning my eyes back to the man, I saw that he was now a lot closer. He had taken advantage of my distracted attention and was now reaching for me.