Chapter 19: The Second Morning

***Hey everyone. Just remember that I do not own anyone from the MCU. I only own Alexis. Hope you enjoy this next chapter***

There was a knock on my door as I finished getting into my outfit of the day that consisted of odd socks, black jeans and a Skillet t-shirt.

"Come in," I call as I pull on my socks. The door opens, and Pepper walks in, with a smile as she spots me on the couch.

"Good morning," she greets as she walks over to me. She is already in her business apparel with her hair done up in a ponytail.

"Morning," I reply with a soft smile as Pepper sits by me.

"So Tony told you the plan for today?" She inquires.

I nod. "Yep," I sigh.

She sends a soft, sympathetic smile to me and says "You'll be fine. They will only be a few hours at the most, but if they have a mission, then they will come back here to say goodbye first."

I huff and reply "Alright. But I suppose I can't go into any of the labs or training area."

Pepper laughs. "No. Not by yourself."

"But no one is ever alone with JARVIS around," I reply thoughtfully.

"That is true but we would rather you had an actual person with you in the training area."

"Fair enough," I agree reluctantly.

"Come on," Pepper smiles as she stands up, " The others want to say bye before they go to the meeting and you need breakfast." Gesturing for me to follow, she begins walking to the door.

I stand and walk after her. Pausing at the door, I scan the room for anything I may need when my eye lands on my Arc Reactor. I rush over to my bed and grab it as I hear Pepper calling my name. "Alexis?"

"Coming," I yell as I pocket the reactor and sprint out the room.

***********************************************************************************************

"There she is," Clint calls as Pepper, and I walk into the lounge, "The second best archer in the whole world."

I feel my face heat up and duck my head, making him laugh. He and the other Avengers were all relaxing on the couches.

"Hey Shortcake," I hear Tony call from the kitchen, waving to the others who greeted me, I scamper over to the kitchen.

Walking in, I see Tony, leaning against the island table, and Steve over by the stove, where a delicious smell was coming from.

"Morning Tony, morning Steve" I smile as I scramble onto a bar stool.

"Morning Shortcake."

"Morning Alexis." came the replies.

"What are you making?" I ask Steve as I try to peer over towards the stove.

"Bacon and eggs," He grins as he puts some on a plate and places it in front of me."These are for you."

"Thank you," I smile.

"Here ya go, Shortcake," Tony says as he places a knife and fork next to the plate. "You might need those," He grins as he sends a wink to me.

Giggling softly, I began to dig into the bacon. It just melts on my tongue as flavour erupts in my mouth. It tasted like heaven. I devour my breakfast in record speed.

"I guess you like it then," I hear Steve laugh as I'm about to place another forkful of eggs in my mouth. I look up at Steve and Tony, who are both smiling down at me. I smile bashfully as I place the forkful in my mouth. After I swallow, I mumble "Forgot how good it tasted."